Phone Service

gregg204

Need some advice from any regulars that cruise to Mexico on phone service. I'll be cruising from New Orleans to Progresso and Cozumel next month kid free and like to know if is possible to call back to check on the kids every now and then. Also, would a cell phone international plan work? Thanks!

Instead of calling have you looked into an international data plan. e-mail works on both land & ship. Verizon did this and they pro rated it for your time on the cruise.

Also a lot of friends I have swear by throw away phones with international calling cards, they say it's cheaper than the international plan on their US phones.

Instead of calling have you looked into an international data plan. e-mail works on both land & ship. Verizon did this and they pro rated it for your time on the cruise.

Also a lot of friends I have swear by throw away phones with international calling cards, they say it's cheaper than the international plan on their US phones.

yes, i have wondered if that would be a good plan, wonder if it will work ON the ship and OFF the ship, but it seems like a stress free way to keep in touch

yes, i have wondered if that would be a good plan, wonder if it will work ON the ship and OFF the ship, but it seems like a stress free way to keep in touch

Cellular At Sea provides cell phone service on the ships. They use a satellite uplink to get the call back to your land based provider.

The cost is $2.49/minute above what your cell phone provider will charge you. The fees will appear on your normal cellular bill.

:)

Was on the Glory in April and used the cell phone to call home from Cozumel. Actually we were in port and we used it from the balcony. Its not an iphone, its the env3 so I guess its not a smart phone? Anyhow, we used it and it charged $1 per minute and that was it. This was through Verizon! Hope that helps!

Was on the Glory in April and used the cell phone to call home from Cozumel. Actually we were in port and we used it from the balcony. Its not an iphone, its the env3 so I guess its not a smart phone? Anyhow, we used it and it charged $1 per minute and that was it. This was through Verizon! Hope that helps!

Thanks tassycatt

Give up the phone! U pretend to be a real cruiser??

Sorry but you love fish and I love my kids...I don't think a 1 minute call a few times on our cruise to make sure everything is ok is not asking much.

Archived