How does NCL deal with the luggage when boarding?

beachnut

Hi,

We will soon be sailing on the Majesty out of Charleston, 4/16/05 and have received our tickets and other paperwork but did not receive luggage tags to put on our bags. I was wondering how they were going to get our luggage to our rooms after we drop it off at the pier or whatever we do with it. We were hoping to see some of Charleston prior to departure since it is our first trip there and will be arriving at 10:30 am and not departing until 5pm. Any info would be appreciated. I have visions of a mountain of luggage and we have to find our own....kind of like at the airport....Thanks Beachnuts

Hi,

We will soon be sailing on the Majesty out of Charleston, 4/16/05 and have received our tickets and other paperwork but did not receive luggage tags to put on our bags. I was wondering how they were going to get our luggage to our rooms after we drop it off at the pier or whatever we do with it. We were hoping to see some of Charleston prior to departure since it is our first trip there and will be arriving at 10:30 am and not departing until 5pm. Any info would be appreciated. I have visions of a mountain of luggage and we have to find our own....kind of like at the airport....Thanks Beachnuts

Unless they are e docs you should have gotten luggage tags. They are not the old tags with string but a sheet of labels you can put on the handles of your luggage like the airline tags.

If not they will have tags at the pier you can fill out when you get there. A tip get some 1"X4" mailing labels and print a sheeet with all your info including ship, sailing date, and cabin #. You can peal them off and put them on the tags at the pier . They work for the tags when you get off the ship as well.

Hi Beachnut,

check with your TA, they might have them.,.. if not, you can get more at the pier and fill them out before handing over the bags.

I'm jealous that you've got your docs! We're on this sailing too and haven't gotten our docs yet. We've got a very friendly roll call going too at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=64003

We're planning a meet and mingle for the first sea day, and maybe another later on. Participation in any meetings is completely voluntary of course, and absolutely no pressure! We've had this roll call going since August, so quite a few "this sailing" specific issues have been discussed.

Hope you'll join us!

Meredith

Archived