Is there an upgrade from a Courtyard Villa?

wolfcel

We are sailing in August on the Gem and have booked a Courtyard Villa.

With all the talk on CC about upgrades, I was wondering if anyone has heard of an upgrade for anyone staying in a Courtyard Villa? is there such a thing??

Just curious :D

We are sailing in August on the Gem and have booked a Courtyard Villa.

With all the talk on CC about upgrades, I was wondering if anyone has heard of an upgrade for anyone staying in a Courtyard Villa? is there such a thing??

Just curious :D

the only thing more expensive than what you have is the Garden Villa. An upgrade is gotten by calling your TA or NCL and paying the difference. An upsell is when NCL calls your TA or you and offers it at a reduced price. As far as I can tell the upsells to the GV is offered to two or three linked reservations in a lower suite category.

Courtyard Villa...let use the official term of Courtyard Penthouse :D There are more options above a Courtyard Penthouse on the Gem. There is the Garden Villa, Deluxe Owners Suite, Owners Suite, Family Villa, then the Courtyard Penthouse.

If you have only two persons booked int he Courtyard Villa, you can always upgrade/upsell to the Owner's Suite, Deluxe OS, or the Garden Villa. For more than two, the only reasonable upgrade/upsell is to the GV - even if they have added a sofa sleeper to the OS, it is not much of an upgrade for 3 or more people.

Robin

Courtyard Villa...let use the official term of Courtyard Penthouse :D There are more options above a Courtyard Penthouse on the Gem. There is the Garden Villa, Deluxe Owners Suite, Owners Suite, Family Villa, then the Courtyard Penthouse.

I think in the past they called them Courtyard Villa. And they came in two flavors, with and without the extra bedroom. I see they now call them Courtyard Penthouse for regular cabin, and Family Villa with the 2nd bedroom.

Everybody confused?

I think in the past they called them Courtyard Villa. And they came in two flavors, with and without the extra bedroom. I see they now call them Courtyard Penthouse for regular cabin, and Family Villa with the 2nd bedroom.

Everybody confused?

We have the extra bedroom, so I'm assuming we are in the Family Villa.

There are 4 of us traveling, my sister and her husband and 10 y.o. son and myself....would love to get an upgrade/upsell :D

If I remember correctly, EPIC still has a category of courtyard suites called "Courtyard Villas." They make up the majority of the suites actually located in the courtyard.

Yes, it can be confusing when you start using the various terms for the different types of suites, everything from penthouses to villas...

(I just noticed the poster is asking specifically about the Gem. Sorry if this is off topic.)

If you have only two persons booked int he Courtyard Villa, you can always upgrade/upsell to the Owner's Suite, Deluxe OS, or the Garden Villa. For more than two, the only reasonable upgrade/upsell is to the GV - even if they have added a sofa sleeper to the OS, it is not much of an upgrade for 3 or more people.

Robin

On the jewel, the CY villas are more expensive than the OS. At least on our sailing!

On the jewel, the CY villas are more expensive than the OS. At least on our sailing!

Depends on the sailing.. The OS is generally higher priced than the CV, but when there are sailings full of families, the CV can go higher because of demand for rooms for 3+ pax.

Robin

We have the extra bedroom, so I'm assuming we are in the Family Villa.

There are 4 of us traveling, my sister and her husband and 10 y.o. son and myself....would love to get an upgrade/upsell :D

If you can get an upgrade/upsell to the Garden Villa do it, It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were booked on a two-room Courtyard Villa (that's what it was called on the Jade) this past March on our Eastern Mediterranean 12 night cruise. One week before our cruise, we got a call asking if we wanted the Garden Villa! There were five of us travelling--my husband and I, my daughter and her husband, and my 19-year-old son. With the Garden Villa, we all had our own spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. We didn't need to leave the suite for much, and it was the best vacation EVER! We did have a disappointment with the promised "limo" at the end (got a shuttle instead), but even so it was a great experience! Well worth the extra $$

Archived