Disney Dream was Fantastic

I read quite a few negative reviews from people about the Disney Dream and was concerned about our 5 night cruise over Memorial Day weekend. If you have booked a Disney Dream cruise, or are considering one, just do it. It was fantastic.

Food was EXCELLENT. No need to go to Palo or Remy. Kids club and nursery were great. My 4 year old daughter is pretty shy and she loved teh kids club. I like that it is free flowing and HUGE. The pool sizes were just fine and no more, no less crowded than other ships I have been on. My daughter loved the Mickey and Donald pools.

The Disney "energy" that you get on a Disney ship is there and it was so great. There is an upgraded fireworks show, and an upgraded pirate night show.

I'm no Disney superfan either, just for the record. If you like a super framily friendly, high end cruise experience, you'll be so happy on the Dream. I don't see us being able to go back to the Wonder or the Magic after being on the Dream.

Castaway Cay was great - both times!!!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the honest review. We will be cruising on Disney for the first time, and I've seen negative reviews on the Dream but I'm hoping it's not the case.

Quick question, what night is the Pirate dinner? Is it always the same night on each cruise?

We did a 5 night cruise and Pirate night was on the 3rd night, which was our "at sea" day. My family had pirate costumes but very few people had pirate costumes. I was shocked prior to other Disney cruises I have been on. As far as attire goes. The 4th night was a semi-formal dress-up optional night. I had a tux, but I only saw like 3 other guys in a tux. A few suits here and there. A few guys with dress shirts and ties. The other nights were just cruise casual.

Wow, I was wondering how the dress up days were, since we typically go on 7 nighters with other lines, my husband either rents or brings a suit or tux. We're on the Dream 4 nighter so we did not think there was a formal night. It does make sense that the pirate night is on the sea day. Thanks for the update!

We were on the DREAM 4 nite cruise and the vast majority were very nicely dressed for dinner. I would guess that at least 50% or more of the males had either suits or Tux's and the females were in very nice cocktail type dresses. Of course in REMY or PALO the dress code itself dictated what a person wore. I did see a very few try to get into the restaurants with shorts on, which I thought was somewhat inconsiderate and rude. All in all, clothing was very nice in every restaurant we were in.

Archived