Where in NY does the Glory dock?

wezie

The Glory docks at Pier 88/90/92 located at 12th Avenue and 55th Street. 12th Avenue runs along the west side of Manhattan by the river. There is parking for $30 a day on the roof of one of the piers.

We did not park there last year, but it was totally crazy, so much so that our cab driver let us out across the street because the line for the garage was so backed up.

From the Carnival website:

Pier# 88/90/92

711 12th Avenue at 55th Street

New York City, New York 10019

Travel Time:

15 miles from Newark International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

15 miles from LaGuardia Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

20 miles from JFK International Airport; travel time is approximately 60 minutes.

Directions to the Port:

Traveling from outside of New York City

New Jersey Turnpike North/South

Take Lincoln Tunnel to New York City and follow signs to West 42nd Street

Turn left on to West 42nd Street

Turn right on to 12th Avenue (West Side Highway)

Turn left at 55th Street and proceed up the ramp to the terminal

Proceed to Pier #88/90/92

Port Parking:

Credit Cards or Cash (rates subject to change by the Port Authority)

$30 per day

Full payment due upon entering the parking area.

Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars, U.S. Traveler's Checks, Visa, MasterCard.

Open rooftop, gated, outdoor parking lot under 24-hour patrol.

No advance reservations required.

Handicap Parking available with proof of valid permit.

For more information: contact P&O Parking at 212-641-4454.

We've parked at the pier seven times and have had very few problems with it. Part of the traffic jam problem is the traffic signal by the entrance to the port area - it's a long signal. Parking is expensive, but most parking in NYC is expensive. (We just booked a hotel in Queens for the night before our cruise - going to a ball game - and that is $15 a day.) With four of us, driving/parking is still cheaper than bus or train.

We've parked at the pier seven times and have had very few problems with it. Part of the traffic jam problem is the traffic signal by the entrance to the port area - it's a long signal. Parking is expensive, but most parking in NYC is expensive. (We just booked a hotel in Queens for the night before our cruise - going to a ball game - and that is $15 a day.) With four of us, driving/parking is still cheaper than bus or train.

Yes traffic is crazy, esp. leaving the ship. We booked a hotel 4 blocks away from the cruise terminal and we were very happy. $159.00 per night with 10per day parking. It was great we walked a few blocks and landed in Times Square

Yes traffic is crazy, esp. leaving the ship. We booked a hotel 4 blocks away from the cruise terminal and we were very happy. $159.00 per night with 10per day parking. It was great we walked a few blocks and landed in Times Square

Oh Wow! We were thinking of doing this but I couldn't find any affordable hotels near the peir. Do you mind if I ask which hotel? Thanks:)

Oh Wow! We were thinking of doing this but I couldn't find any affordable hotels near the peir. Do you mind if I ask which hotel? Thanks:)

Of course, as much info I get on CC I would love to share:)...Skyline Hotel on 10th and 49th. #1-212-586-3400. We had a double bed. The hotel have a large indoor pool on the PH floor. I read some reviews and folks said it is in a bad area. I know we were not in the surburbs but by no means did I feel unsafe. There was a subway and a Sal's Pizza right across the street. We took the Amtrak to NY and our taxi ride was $8.00, the next day we did a quick 8 minute walk to Times Square. The day of departure we took a taxi to the pier (we could have walked, but we had 4 luggages and two carry on's)The taxi fare was $5.70. The day if departure from terminal, we took a taxi back to Penn Station for $8.50. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would love to help.

Of course, as much info I get on CC I would love to share:)...Skyline Hotel on 10th and 49th. #1-212-586-3400. We had a double bed. The hotel have a large indoor pool on the PH floor. I read some reviews and folks said it is in a bad area. I know we were not in the surburbs but by no means did I feel unsafe. There was a subway and a Sal's Pizza right across the street. We took the Amtrak to NY and our taxi ride was $8.00, the next day we did a quick 8 minute walk to Times Square. The day of departure we took a taxi to the pier (we could have walked, but we had 4 luggages and two carry on's)The taxi fare was $5.70. The day if departure from terminal, we took a taxi back to Penn Station for $8.50. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would love to help.

You are my kind of traveler!

Archived