Short or Long Form Birth Certificate

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in October. We have decided to travel with our BC. I plan on going get the copies this week. When I printed out the paperwork it says I can get a short-form or a long form???!!! Which one do I need???!! :confused:

I just got back from a Carnival cruise on Feb 1, 2016. Before leaving, I was so worried they wouldn't let me onboard with only my short form birth certificate and a drivers license. But they did. Short form Birth Certificate and Drivers License is good enough. You don't need the long form. I wish someone had said this before because I was in a panic over nothing. When you see forums talking about the wrong kind of birth certificate, they are talking about the hospital certificate that generally has foot prints. That is not a real birth certificate. I even saw that a xerox copy of your short or long form works fine too. I am from Texas so my short form showed both of my parents name and my name along with birth date. :)

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in October. We have decided to travel with our BC. I plan on going get the copies this week. When I printed out the paperwork it says I can get a short-form or a long form???!!! Which one do I need???!! :confused:

I would get the long form, because it has more info on it.

As far as all the posters that are throwing their comments in about passports. First, they still need to get the BC because you can't get a passport without it. Second, the question was which BC to get. I'm sure they know that a passport is more important.