Port of Venice

We're crusing on the Voyager in three weeks from Venice and don't really know what to expect with reagards to embarkation.

Our flight lands at Marco Polo at 10:50 but our documents say boarding doesn't start till 14:00. I take it we're to totally ignore this and make our way straight to the port?

I'm also wondering whether we'll get priority embarkation as Emerald C&A members. Has anyone experienced this at Venice and what's the departure lounge like. Thanks for your help!

We're crusing on the Voyager in three weeks from Venice and don't really know what to expect with reagards to embarkation.

Our flight lands at Marco Polo at 10:50 but our documents say boarding doesn't start till 14:00. I take it we're to totally ignore this and make our way straight to the port?

I'm also wondering whether we'll get priority embarkation as Emerald C&A members. Has anyone experienced this at Venice and what's the departure lounge like. Thanks for your help!

Hi We have just returned from a lovely trip! Go straight to the airport as you can probably board about mid day.

There is a separate check in area for Platinum and up. Its a bit confusing as when you get into the departure building, you go up the escalator and round to where it says Voyager of the Seas RCI (obviously!!). Anyway when we got there we encountered a long line just as you enter the building that everyone was joining. It isnt necessary for you to go into that line, by pass it and go straight to the separate check in for Platinum and up. Thats along on the left. It was a little chaotic in there though!

Have a wonderful trip:)

Great, thanks for your help! How did you find the day in Venice, it struck me as a little wierd really. Good weird mind!

Yes it was good weird!! Seems really strange to dock and to not then get off until the next day. It was really relaxing as you didnt have to worry all the time about getting back onto the ship before she leaves!!

One thing we did do was get up early when arriving back into Venice to see us sail in. It was just wonderful. We had a starboard balcony and the views were just amazing. We were scheduled to dock at 8, but actually we came in early (just happened to wake up when we felt the ship change sounds), so we were up at 05.45!! Was worth it. If you dont have a balcony or on the other side there were still quite a few people up on deck as you sail in. Also had about 4 other ships following us too!!

A great sight. :)

We are on the Voyager in October and are wondering what tours you did. How was the cruise in general? We are hearing complaints regarding food how was it? Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

Yes it was good weird!! Seems really strange to dock and to not then get off until the next day. It was really relaxing as you didnt have to worry all the time about getting back onto the ship before she leaves!!

One thing we did do was get up early when arriving back into Venice to see us sail in. It was just wonderful. We had a starboard balcony and the views were just amazing. We were scheduled to dock at 8, but actually we came in early (just happened to wake up when we felt the ship change sounds), so we were up at 05.45!! Was worth it. If you dont have a balcony or on the other side there were still quite a few people up on deck as you sail in. Also had about 4 other ships following us too!!

A great sight. :)

I read somewhere on another thread that there was some type of curfew on Friday night in Venice. I m assuming that is not true?

Archived