Stan and Jim

helenp2

I am a longtime HAL cruiser and many yrs ago had the pleasure of meeting 2 guys with your names on one of those DAM ships.:)

I was wondering if in fact you guys are the same two I last saw in St Martin. Long story short that turned out to be a very lousy vacation as one of them ended up being injured on the beach and they had to leave the cruise and fly home.

It sure is a small world and I just thought I would ask. Love your pics and your posts.

Let me know - Thanks, Helen

I am a longtime HAL cruiser and many yrs ago had the pleasure of meeting 2 guys with your names on one of those DAM ships.:)

I was wondering if in fact you guys are the same two I last saw in St Martin. Long story short that turned out to be a very lousy vacation as one of them ended up being injured on the beach and they had to leave the cruise and fly home.

It sure is a small world and I just thought I would ask. Love your pics and your posts.

Well, this is just my favorite post in a very long time.

Yes Ma'am they are us!

Unfortunately, the horrible way that we were treated by HAL after Jims' leg was broken, by that rogue wave at Orient Beach in St. Martin,

made us swear off Holland America for good.

That disaster prompted us to try Oceania, so indirectly, HAL did us a huge favor. I keep thinking that we should send Stein Kruse a muffin basket or something...

Btw, are you the Helen with the hats?

Wow! What a small world. I can remember it like it was yesterday. No hats for me. You guys were on our trivia team and were just the nicest people. I was traveling with my 2 Sisters and husband and we are from the phila area.

I knew both of you were also longtime HAL cruisers and when you had to leave the cruise so early I was hoping that HAL would do the right thing and take care of their good customers, sadly it sounds like they did not. Mr Kruse seems to be driving more and more loyal fans to other cruiselines.

So, tell me how do the two lines compare. I sailed yrs ago on the old Renaissance and Mr Del Rio was the Pres. back then. This new ship looks very impressive and we are giving it serious consideration this winter. Let me know your thoughts. I know it sounds crazy but the beds are very important to me. When I tried X & Regent I could not get a good nights sleep due to their mattress being just awful. I am hearing that the food on Oceania is excellent.

Anyway, good to see you guys are back on the high seas and enjoying life.

Take care of yourself and watch out for those rogue waves.

Helen

Archived