Explorer 9-night: questions and prices

So, I have an onboard booking deposit placed, and I'm torn between two of the explorer of the seas 9-night bermuda and caribbean itineraries in April 2012.

That said, my first question is what's the best price anyone has ever gotten on a blacony for that ship/time of year/itinerary? This will help me decide when to pounce for the best deal.

The second question is which itinerary? The only difference is one that stops at Labadee instead St. Thomas. The one that stops at Labadee is significantly cheaper. Although I've been to Labadee already and haven't been to St. Thomas, I'm wondering if St. Thomas is worth paying the $300 pp extra.

Decisions, decisions...any help is greatly appreciated!!

Matt

We check the RCCL web site almost everyday to see if there is a reduction on our cruise,because they do have sales,and call RCCL and request the reduced price.

do you still get the discount if you book now, and a guarantee is cheaper down the line? i've always had success booking guarantees and don't want to miss out on that price by booking now.

I don't think St. Thomas is worth $300 more than Labadee. We really LOVE the scenery at Labadee and the beach there - it's a wonderful, easy place to relax, as well as inexpensive because no excursion is required (unless you want to).

St. Thomas is a port of call on just about every other Caribbean itinerary. If you do not go there this time, surely you will visit there on future cruises, probably numerous times. We find taxi's in St. Thomas to be rather expensive, so it costs quite a bit for a family of 4 to get to a beach. We booked an excursion privately with Papa Bear (www.havefunwithus.net) and highly recommend it!

St. Thomas is a port of call on just about every other Caribbean itinerary. If you do not go there this time, surely you will visit there on future cruises, probably numerous times. We find taxi's in St. Thomas to be rather expensive, so it costs quite a bit for a family of 4 to get to a beach.

You can get to Morningstar Beach which is right by the Frenchman's Reef Hotel for $ 6 p/p in a taxi from the ship. Just did it with DD's. Worth every penny.

I know I would not enjoy whooping it up in Labadee Haiti while the majority of the country is still totally devastated and poverty stricken.

So, I have an onboard booking deposit placed, and I'm torn between two of the explorer of the seas 9-night bermuda and caribbean itineraries in April 2012.

That said, my first question is what's the best price anyone has ever gotten on a blacony for that ship/time of year/itinerary? This will help me decide when to pounce for the best deal.

The second question is which itinerary? The only difference is one that stops at Labadee instead St. Thomas. The one that stops at Labadee is significantly cheaper. Although I've been to Labadee already and haven't been to St. Thomas, I'm wondering if St. Thomas is worth paying the $300 pp extra.

Matt

Hi...agree with other post that St. Thomas not really worth the extra $, but if you into shopping etc. then yes, if you want a nice day at the beach then no...your cruise will have plenty of shopping/port stops, so nice relaxing day at private island is my cup of tea...enjoy I travelled in April of this year, the best time of year weather wise, it was awesome :)

Matt

Hi, Matt--

I booked the 4/26/2012 9 night Explorer yesterday. This morning it was down 720.00 per cabin (JS) So if you are thinking of booking, today is a good day!

Linda

Hi, Matt--

I booked the 4/26/2012 9 night Explorer yesterday. This morning it was down 720.00 per cabin (JS) So if you are thinking of booking, today is a good day!

Linda

A D1 on the 4/12 sailing with St thomas is $3553 and a D1 on the 4/26 with Labadee is $2415. Big difference. I personnally enjoy Labadee more then St Thomas.

A D1 on the 4/12 sailing with St thomas is $3553 and a D1 on the 4/26 with Labadee is $2415. Big difference. I personnally enjoy Labadee more then St Thomas.

Yes, I'd say that is a very big difference!

Guess I'll see you on the 4/26 roll call!

Linda

Archived