Miami Port to FLL - With no time to spare!

taellen

I'm a travel agent and have clients who booked their own air following their cruise. They're sailing into Port of Miami and flying out of FLL. The only problem is that they've scheduled an 1130am flight. Had I arranged their air I would not have booked something so early, but what's done is done. Now they're asking me to arrange their transportation from the Port to the Airport. I have not had personal experience with this particular scenario (other than transfers offered through the cruise line), so I'm looking for some other expert opinions! Obviously the cruise line will not even offer transportation to these clients because their flight is too early by cruise line standards.

Who can recommend a safe, RELIABLE shuttle company for me to reserve for my clients? I need to be confident in the shuttle's reliability since there will be no time to spare...

Thanks!

I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, and remember hearing a bit about major rental car agencies (National comes to mind) running shuttles between Ft. Laud and Miami airports and docks, not just for those renting their cars, but for people like your clients. Otherwise, you can call ahead and have a car service/taxi company, which there are A LOT of down there, being a major tourist area and all, meet them at the dock - every time I took a cab in Miami, the driver would hand me their company card with their name/car # and ask me to call them next time I needed taxi service there, and they are pretty reliable. (LOL, wouldn't it be hilarious if NYC cabbies did that!!!) :)

P.S. - If the major car rental companies no longer provide such services (call the offices directly in Miami or Ft. Laud), I bet they can recommend a good shuttle company for your clients, since they know the area. Or even call the FLL customer service directly, they've got lots of experience in these cases I'm sure :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've sailed into Miami and then flown out of FLL with an 11:30 flight and was able to buy the transfers from the cruise, (without booking my air thru the cruise). Your clients should ask for early disembarkation and get on the first bus leaving the pier going to FLL airport. I've done this 2x and made the plane with plenty of time to spare. I think the one way transfer is $20 pp. Hope this helps....

• 6 months later...

Can't get decent departure hours out of Ft Lauderdale since Delta scratched some flights after their bankruptcy, but there are plenty out of West Palm Beach. I've only had one response of $120 for two people, and really don't know what type vehicle or if that's a shared van or what. Anyone know? I've put in requests for quotes from 10 or so agencies. We'll have a big enough window to catch a 1p.m. flight, I'm sure. Just not sure if the limos/shuttles, depart at will or wait to fill up. Any advice would be appreciated before I book the flight. Thanks.

A 1pm PBI departure isn't necessarily that big of a window. It's roughly an hour drive IF there are no accidents or delays. I would want to get off first and book a limo or TownCar.

We use either Tri-County/Airport Express... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Or Larry's Limo... http://www.larryslimo.com/

Both are reliable, reputable local companies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We just took a cruise on Carnival out of Miami (3-17-06) and flew in/out of FTL. We wanted to book our ground transfer with the cruise line but since our flight left at 12:45 the cruise line would not allow us to book with them so we were on our own. We got into back into port at 6am and we had carry on luggage only and debarked at 6:46am and were completely off the ship by 7am. Once outside there were cabs and shuttle vans waiting and offering to take people where they needed to go. We asked a cab how much it would be to take us to the Ft Lauderdale airport, he said $65 and then a shuttle van said $20 each, so $40 total. We took the shuttle van. We had not reserved anything and neither had the other 5 people that joined us on the ride to the airport. So there are ways to get to the airport without pre-arranging rides. Hope this helps!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived