price we paid for drinks

freshnotfrozen

On our recent magnifica trip drinks cost as follows:

In the buffet, 1 glass of Pinot Grigio was 4euro and a draft beer was 4.90euro.

In the L'Edera restaurant, 1 draft 40cl beer was 4.90euro and a bottle of white wine started at 17euro. A bottle of water 100cl was 2.10euro. A caraffe of wine both white and red was 7euro which was excellant value as they were large caraffe,s. All these prices incur an extra 15% service charge. Beer in the bar,s 40cl cost 4.90euro.

We had no problem bringing duty free drink onboard. There is for example in the Venice embarkation terminal a duty free shop to visit prior to the security check. You purchase say a bottle of absolute vodka for 14euro and you receive a ticket to redeem your purchase from a window after completing the security check.

Every port had a duty free shop where you could buy booze tonic water etc. No problem.

Hope this helps anyone who is unsure about the all-inclusive packages.

We had no problem bringing duty free drink onboard. There is for example in the Venice embarkation terminal a duty free shop to visit prior to the security check. You purchase say a bottle of absolute vodka for 14euro and you receive a ticket to redeem your purchase from a window after completing the security check.

Thank you for the helpful post. To be sure I understand, once you went through security, presented your ticket at the window, and received the bottle you had purchased, were you able to take it to your cabin to enjoy there? Or did the ship hold it for you until disembarkation?

Thanks!

i took it off the lady put it in my bag, boarded the ship, put the bag thu the ships scanner, picked it off at the other end and carried it to my cabin.in venice the duty free shop is small. it is on the right corner of the last hall. the way i looked at it was would there be duty free shops open if you could not buy anything .there was only our ship there.have a great cruise.

Archived