Onboard expense account

anjanetted

Just wondering if they bill your card anything right away. I only have a debit card and took all cash out to come on the trip. My card will have no money on it until Wednesday.

If you did not prepay your tips, they deduct them daily, $10.00 per person. Anything else is not deducted until you actually purchase something.

I would not use a debit card ever for S & S and would instead create a cash account for charges. I'd also call CCL on this ?

Ditto on not using a Debit Card. Carnival will put a hold on a certain daily. Then at the end of the cruise they will charge the entire sign and sail bill. Banks all handle the holds differently. It could come as quite a shock when the final bill goes through and you still have several hundred dollars being "held".

Since the 1 and only time I used a debit card, I always put cash on my Sign and Sail

Tom

Just wondering if they bill your card anything right away. I only have a debit card and took all cash out to come on the trip. My card will have no money on it until Wednesday.

The problem with debit cards and having limited funds on them is that Carnival will authorize daily whatever you spend that day. When you get back, they charge the full amount. Since this doesn't match the authorizations - those stay on your account for several days to a week, depending on your bank.

So....unless your account has 2x what you are going to spend - and you don't need that money for up to a week after you get home - use cash.

They will put a hold on your account for x amount of money ...depending on the days of the cruise and if you go over that amount they will draw more funds ...the hold wont drop until after the cruise is over .....so if you dont have enough you wont be able to use the card

Archived