sunbeds thomson dream

hi, going on the dream 25th june sailing to genoa for day at sea.

can anyone tell me what the sunbed situation is at the day at sea, do you get people up saving beds early,

as anyone been on this cruise, with the ship moving is it very breezy on the upper decks or do you have to find a corner out of the breeze.

not been on the ship before any help

cheers clem

hi there, i went on the dream in april and sometimes found it hard to get a sunbed, because lots of people get up earlyto get them. I found the best time to get a sunbed was the days in port. I would have a tour in the moring then sunbath later because lots of people same on the land all day. Oh and yes the days at sea can be abit windy.

Yes some people did 'reserve' sunbeds despite it being incredibly selfish but despite that, we thought that there was plenty of space if you had a good look round and sufficient sunbeds. We went 1st week of May and dont remember it being breezy at all.

Hi clem, we are on the same cruise as you but we are departing for majorca on the 18th and staying a week in cala bona, anyway this is our first Thomson cruise but my parents have been on many of them and Thomsons policy on reserving your sunbeds is 'you are not allowed to reserve' but many do and do get up at silly o'clock to do this, so the advise i got from my father is to move the towels and get comfy, if anybody comes back and says 'this is my sunbed' turn round and say 'show me your receipt and you can have it back', works every time. Look forward to see you onboard

can anyone tell me what the sunbed situation is at the day at sea, do you get people up saving beds early,

as anyone been on this cruise, with the ship moving is it very breezy on the upper decks or do you have to find a corner out of the breeze.

cheers clem

You`ll need to sleep on one overnight to be guaranteed one on sailing day :D;)

On the Dream(full ship)last year at this time and had no problem getting a sunbed on sailing day or any other day and trust me I ain`t a get up at silly time person.These were sunbeds on side decks.Getting one at the sardine packed pool area might be whole different ball game.Everytime we passes it was ram jammed.Like snake 8,on port days you can pick your sunbed if your not on an organised trip.

One of my pet hates is selfish folk that bag sunbeds.Many who plonk their belongings down on one first thing in the morning then off out for the day.Me,I would lift their stuff and hand it into reception :DWere quick to criticise them across the water but were not much better

Hi,

The only issue with sunbeds is on the sea day, people do get up and leave towels and books on loungers but this is not really allowed, notices ar ein the Cruise News (the daily newspaper) to advise people not to do this.

As to where to sunbathe, up on deck 12 is out of the way, from the pool on Deck 11 there are spiral stairs that lead up to Deck 12 where you will find sunbeds and also some areas are sheltered from the wind. There is also a small bar setup there with bar service so you do not really need to go downstairs to get a drink.

Hope this helps.

Plane_sailing

When we were on Dream in February we were up silly o'clock the first morning so got ready had a cup of tea and an explore of the ship. When we were comming down the stairs from the deck above the pools a man passed us going up my husband said he was putting towels out, I didn't believe it at first until I saw his wife following with the "compusory books". It was 10 past 6 in the morning and pitch black dark! The sun didn't rise till 10 to 7 and it wasn't even an at sea day.

The best policy is to have a quiet word with a member of staff to say that, for example, "these beds seem to have been reserved havent been occupied for xxx time". Let them take care of it and any ensuing arguments.

Unless you are up at the crack of dawn on day at sea forget getting a sunbed! We just put our towels down on the deck at the end of deck 11 (near the football pitch/tennis court) and sat on them all day. The lovely waiters still served us! It was actually quite sheltered there!

Never thought of that cumberlander.Was it busy?We only ever went up to deck 11 when we were doing a reccy of the ship last time.

We found another wee hidey hole for lounging in the sun on sea day last year.For obvious reasons not wanting to say on here at the mo :D but will on my return July 2nd

cheers clem

We just got back. Sailing day on Deck 9 was heaving (though we were late getting up on deck) we ended up sat on the little decked wall round the pool which was actually quite a good spot in full sun, and plenty of room:) It wasn't windy at all...although I would've loved even the slightest breeze, we had glorious sunshine all week

(Don't know what Deck 11 was like as we hadn't discovered it at that point!)

On other days, the pool areas were still busy, but there was always at least a table and chair available if no beds - and again we were never there early.

BoB

sunbeds are an issue on sea days.they are pushed very tightly together and you lay like sardines in a tin .this issue isnt helped by the fact that an upper tier on deck 11 at the rear of the ship is reserved puely for the use of the entertainment team! and with at least 60 sunbeds in this area .it was making me feel mad as i laid on my sunbed almost nose to nose with the next bed when you could look up and see the beds empty and just 6 crew leaning against railings overlooking the entire pool area seemingly pointing and laughing at everybody so tightly packed in.

Days at sea can be an issue with sunbeds ......

We were on the Spirit and they had a 45 minute limit on saving sunbeds, we did not have a problem finding a sunbed.

The only problem i had was if the sunbed would take my expanding body as the cruise went on ......

Just of the Dream today after a great two weeks. You do have to get up early if you want a sunbed on deck 9 where most of the entertainment during the day takes place and you are packed liked sardines although there are sunbeds along the side on deck nine and these are quite pleasant but do not get the intense sun

Just of the Dream today after a great two weeks. You do have to get up early if you want a sunbed on deck 9 where most of the entertainment during the day takes place and you are packed liked sardines although there are sunbeds along the side on deck nine and these are quite pleasant but do not get the intense sun

Ron, think the entetainment during the day was on deck 11 around the main pool next to sirens?

Unless you meant the self made entertainment from some happy holiday people on deck 9 around the lido bar !? :rolleyes: hic:D

Stevie

Archived