Why do cruise ships have Martini bars?

Jo and Rob

The only times in my life I've gotten "unintentionally" inebriated I blame on chocolate martini's.

If you are used to a 7 & 7, or G & T, a regular martini is about 3-4 of those. I will never forget early in my working career I had dinner after a big close with a colleague and ordered my first martini..I had two. I realized there was an issue when I stood up to leave. LOL.

I blame my brother for my martini addiction. We were doing a westbound TA on Galaxy in 2005. We were in one of the PH suites, and had 2 liters of vodka to consume between the 3 of us. He got the butler to get him a martini shaker and some juices, and the rest is history.

By the time we arrived in Galveston, we had consumed 4 liters....

YOu Drink Martini's in a Martini Bar ? What an unusual concept.

Here I thought that it was because of the "FARTING" cushions on the Solstice that it was so crowded.

Sudi opened the first Martini bar in the fleet on the Zenith..... taught me all I needed to know about martini's.

They take all the corners off those issues Called Life.

BTW the little guy would not allow (very politely) you to have more than one ..... the second one was just a wee pour of frozen gin or vodka into your empty glass with a new olive to get you to dinner. (on the house) & the first drink was HUGE.

How times have changed.

I forgot all about those farting cushions on Solstice! I just remember how loud the music was & how Jim bribed the bartender/waiter to turn down the music. I hate techno music.

Ever have vodka infused with juniper berry? It is something new but been around a long time, AKA gin. So a true martini has always been made with infused vodka.

I like Tanqueray gin, people say Bombay Sapphire but to me that's gin for vodka drinkers :)

One thing's for sure, any clear liquor is worthless unless it's a minimum of 90proof.

Chocolate martinis are normally way too sweet for my taste but I got a free one for my birthday one year from Sudi so I drank it! It was definitely good.

We always end our cruise with a chocolate martini on the the last night on board.

What a 'sweet way' to end our cruise.

Archived