Freedom?????

w4kry

Just got home from our 8 day cruise on the Freedom. We had a great time. No big complaints other than dealing with some really rude teenage girls...actually ended up have to get security to calm them down. Never saw their parents. Do parents just let their kids run loose??? My children are grown (28 and 23) but I can promise you that they never acted the way these kids did.

we loved the ship. We did get lost a few times due to the lay out of the ship, but by the 3rd day we knew our way around. The cruise director and assistants were not as friendly as the ones on previous ships nor the shows as good. But my husband and I enjoyed the ports, we had great waiters, enjoyed the comedy shows, and the food was great. We enjoy just getting away and not worrying about anything for a while. Cruising to us is the perfect vacation even with a few negatives. We are already planning another cruise for December, just debating on which ship to go on.

Unfortunately when it comes to teenagers on board, the clubs let them go in & out on their own. I have 16 yr old triplets and they really had run of the ship in November. They knew where I was and had to check in with me throughout the day. They needed to let me know where they would be but I'm sure they wandered around at some point. I would hope that my kids were "rude" to anyone but at that age, its hard to have them sit by their parents all day. They want to do things with other kids they meet on the ship and have their own fun. It is their vacation too.

Unfortunately when it comes to teenagers on board, the clubs let them go in & out on their own. I have 16 yr old triplets and they really had run of the ship in November. They knew where I was and had to check in with me throughout the day. They needed to let me know where they would be but I'm sure they wandered around at some point. I would hope that my kids were "rude" to anyone but at that age, its hard to have them sit by their parents all day. They want to do things with other kids they meet on the ship and have their own fun. It is their vacation too.

Sorry, just noticed a mistake...it should read

I would hope my kids WEREN'T "rude" to anyone....

We were on deck 7 and loved it! very quite.

As for the teenagers, I understand its their vacation too. But rude is rude. Talking LOUDLY during shows after several people asked them to be a little quieter. After being ask to quieten down, they informed the couple to turn up their hearing aid if they couldn't hear the show. Even security said that they have had problems with this group of girls all week. Its just a shame that their parents were never around to see how they acted.

As for the teenagers, I understand its their vacation too. But rude is rude. Talking LOUDLY during shows after several people asked them to be a little quieter. After being ask to quieten down, they informed the couple to turn up their hearing aid if they couldn't hear the show. Even security said that they have had problems with this group of girls all week. Its just a shame that their parents were never around to see how they acted.

I was on that cruise as well, where and when did it happen. I must have missed it. My buddy was telling me one night about security getting involved with a almost a fight.

I agree that rude is rude and that it shouldn't have happened. If security had issues with the group all week, I wonder if they notified the parents of the issues. Like you said the parents were never around to see this because I would think most kids don't act this way in front of their parents. Parents can't do anything about it if they're not aware of it. It is unfortunate that this happened.

Archived