All Inclusive resort excursion in La Romana?

smyemar

Hi there!

We are looking at booking the 8 day southern caribbean cruise in March on the Miracle and I was just wondering if there are any all inclusive resorts or clubs that you can go to there that are close to the port and highly recommended? Cost? I looked on the ports of call board and there are only 2 questions on the entire thread!:confused: Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

We did the carnival Bayahibe Beach Break and it was awesome!! Drinks were included, the beach was wonderful as was the pool. We have even been discussing going back for a week stay here. Click on my picture and it will take you to some more of the resort.

2004602310097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi there!

We are looking at booking the 8 day southern caribbean cruise in March on the Miracle and I was just wondering if there are any all inclusive resorts or clubs that you can go to there that are close to the port and highly recommended? Cost? I looked on the ports of call board and there are only 2 questions on the entire thread!:confused: Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

La Romana is a horrible port. I would never get off there again. They do have a resort called Dreams I think. I am not sure though how far it is from the port. There is nothing within walking distance of the port and I wouldn't anyway. Some people on our cruise went to the resort and had a good time so it may be something you would want to try.

I would love more info on this port. I have been searching the internet, as there is very little written on cc. The problem seems to be that their tours are geared to the all inclusive resorts in the area. The port is a working port, not a cruise port--import/export of goods, not people. Hopefully, by next year, the tour organizers/activity planners will realize there is money to be made from cruise ship passengers:D. As of now, I guess I'll go on a ship sponsored excursion. I can't stay on the ship & not step out on a foreign country!

See my review in my signature... I have tons of pictures and info on the beach we went to.

We were there in October and did the Carnival excursion. We went to a beach club near the Dreams resort. We had a great time. All of the beaches are about a 30 minute ride. The town itself doesn't have anything, nor does the immediate port area. If you venture out and go to one of the beaches you'll be truly pleased. They are lovely.

Did not like Bayahibe beach break AT ALL, and would not go back. Some Miracle cruisers on the first sail took a cab to Dreams for an AI day, and felt it was well worth the cost. If you're thinking it could be like Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos, oh BOY are you in for disappointment! JMHO

Anything and everything is quite a ride away from the port, which is very small, and there is only ONE place to shop within the gates..more of a 'gas station on the 95' type shop, as it is a catch all of many things. Expect to pay a $30 cab fare...especially if you decide on one of the two beach breaks noted above.

I would be hard pressed to get off the ship were I to sail that itinerary again.

Here's a link to a thread about LaRomana:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334492

I want to urge you to book that 8 day southern cruise! Aruba and Curacao make it all worth it. We found the same thing when we researched La Romana so we decided to just get off the ship and see what happened. We followed everyone up the sidewalk and turned to make our way toward the road and there is an information booth or taxi stand there or something like that. They have a list of where you can go for what price. We just wanted to go to a beach so we were told they needed to fill the van with others who wanted to go to the beach. We took it upon ourselves to find two other couples who agreed to go with us and we each paid like $14 each I want to say to get driven to the beach and dropped off. Driver returned at agreed upon time (4pm) to pick us up and return us to the ship. Forgive me for not knowing the name of the beach, but it was literally right next to the beach that everyone paid for the excursion. No difference in the sand or water at all. We took our family of 4 for like $60 for the whole day.

When we got to the beach, we were greeted by a local who owns a stand that sells paintings, shirts, whatever right at the beach. There are several off them in a line there. I think whenever anyone pulls up in a cab, they take turns greeting them, they get you your beach chairs and set you up on the beach. They wait on you for food, beer, soda, whatever. The beach is beautiful and there is a lot of sun but also a lot of shade if that's what you want. I would reccommend trying that if you're up to it.

Anyone know how much it is for the all Inclusive day at Dreams? I looked on the website and didn't see a daily rate. Thanks:)

I believe the cost was around $60, if I remember what some of the October 10 roll call said... plus your cab fare..which was $30 back then... gas prices have skyrocketed since then...so who knows, now.

If you check the old 'repeat offenders doin it again in 2010' roll call, you will find some info on Dreams, I believe.

Archived