FOS time change question

For those who have been on the FOS on the Western Caribbean route recently, does the Captain change ship's time to comport with the local time, or leave it on Florida time with DST? I am trying to figure out if we will have time to disembark to meet a tour guide in Grand Cayman at 8:15 a.m. local time, when the ship supposedly docks at "8 a.m.". I understand that Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, so they are an hour behind eastern time in the summer. So does that mean that we would be docking at 7 am or 8 am local time?

For those who have been on the FOS on the Western Caribbean route recently, does the Captain change ship's time to comport with the local time, or leave it on Florida time with DST? I am trying to figure out if we will have time to disembark to meet a tour guide in Grand Cayman at 8:15 a.m. local time, when the ship supposedly docks at "8 a.m.". I understand that Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, so they are an hour behind eastern time in the summer. So does that mean that we would be docking at 7 am or 8 am local time?

I haven't done the Western route recently, but you do not DOCK in Grand Cayman. You will tender in. If you have an early tour, you will need to be one of the first off the boat.

2 weeks ago with Captain Rob, the ships time never changed. Announcements did remind you of the time difference in Grand Cayman and I think Cozumel was an hour different too.

2 weeks ago with Captain Rob, the ships time never changed. Announcements did remind you of the time difference in Grand Cayman and I think Cozumel was an hour different too.

Thanks - if my calculations are right, that means anchoring at around 7 a.m. local time, with plenty of time to meet at 8:15 even with tendering factored in.

Archived