Los Veranos Zip Line Question

Nicalewi

Hello Everyone,

I have read a lot about Los Veranos. We are considering the tour; however, I consider myself a big chicken (don't really like roller coasters). Can someone please tell me if it would maybe be to thrilling for me? Thanks so much!

The cool thing about these zip lines is that you take off from ground level, or a slightly elevated platform. So it's not like your jumping off into an abyss. By the time the ground falls away, you're committed! Since they are straight lines, you won't get the turning/g-forces of a rollar coaster. The first few are pretty tame and after those, you'll be a pro.

GO FOR IT!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have read a lot about Los Veranos. We are considering the tour; however, I consider myself a big chicken (don't really like roller coasters). Can someone please tell me if it would maybe be to thrilling for me? Thanks so much!

My wife is terrified of heights. A two-step kitcken ladder is a gawd awful high place.

She has done Los Veranos twice. The first time, ... What the hell am I doing here, I'm gonna die!

2419592920078358666S425x425Q85.jpg

Second year was all smiles ...

2680393690078358666S425x425Q85.jpg

While you zip along at a great height, you do end nearly every line at a ground station where you can rejoice at still being alive. :p

Enjoy!

I was looking at HAL tours online and they offer a zipline excursion which is 60 minutes from PV in the Sierra Madre Mountains. Can anyone tell me if this is the same place as the Los Veranos Canopy Tour?

Thanks!

I just found an 2010 thread below this one which better describes the location with the restaurant, bar and swimming hole. HAL description does not list these, so I am assuming that their tour is in a different place. If anyone has been on the HAL tour, perhaps they can chime in. I am leaning towards ship offered excursions versus on our own, I really don't want to deal with the details of a private excursion this time around.

We have a friend going with us who has had knee replacement surgery and is very worried about the landing after each zip line. Can anyone tell me how the landings are? Thanks so much!!

When you come in for a "landing", your feet are up with legs extended and the zip line crew will stop you. Once you are stopped, you put your feet down and unhook from the zip line. No stress on your legs or knees. It's not like a parachute landing. You will have to hike uphill on dirt trails and up some stairs, but it is not very strenuous.

I was looking at HAL tours online and they offer a zipline excursion which is 60 minutes from PV in the Sierra Madre Mountains. Can anyone tell me if this is the same place as the Los Veranos Canopy Tour?

Thanks!

I just found an 2010 thread below this one which better describes the location with the restaurant, bar and swimming hole. HAL description does not list these, so I am assuming that their tour is in a different place. If anyone has been on the HAL tour, perhaps they can chime in. I am leaning towards ship offered excursions versus on our own, I really don't want to deal with the details of a private excursion this time around.

Vallarta has roughly a half dozen canopy/zipline excursion companies. The cruise industry contracts with Vallarta Adventures. You can find full information on their canopy adventure at http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/canopy-adventure-park

Enjoy!!

I know that we will need sunscreen and bug spray for this excursion. However, I don't see anyone with backpacks. Can someone please tell me what we do with our stuff? Thanks again for all of your help!!

Archived