Johnson's Tour

Floridiana

I found this on the internet. They offer a tour to wherever we want to go, $ 40 per car per hour.

Is this a reasonable price compared to taking a taxi? (I don't know how much they cost.) I would like to go to Bathsheba, maybe see Welchman Gully and Hunte's Gardens or Andromeda Gardens.

We could also take the public bus, but I don't know whether the good photo spots in Bathsheba are easily reached on foot.

The “good” photo ops on the east coast are easily reached on foot after taking the bus, but....

...you won't see another bus or available taxi to return to B-town for a long time.

We're talking 'out in the country' in stateside terms. Way out.

I'm sorry, but are you staying on the island? If you're there for a week then busing-it to the east coast is OK, otherwise.....no.

US$40 per cab is good. Cabs usually hold 4-5 folks, so your share is minimal.

I can tell you that Johnson has been around for years and I've never heard anything bad about them. I think it would be a safe bet.

Leave the bus to our west and S coast only on an 8-hour cruise-stop and use the bus when you come back for a week.

We say when you come back for a week, or longer, that you're “coming home”......

…..just like we did. ;)

Have a great visit and please come back soon. : ) :) :) :)

Thank you Barbados. Good thing I asked. It's a cruise stop, our second one.

The online bus schedule says there are hourly busses back from Bathsheba, but ... on Tahiti, we trusted a bus schedule, the outbound bus driver, and the tourist info center ... We finally had to hitchhike back.

• 4 weeks later...

I was glad to see this thread. I'll be with a group of 4 people, one in a wheelchair. I had problems locating a guide willing to do a custom private tour. Most would offer a private tour but wanted to make their normal stops, some of which weren't suitable for wheelchair users.

I contacted Johnson Tours and corresponded with Claudette. She has been extremely helpful and patient in answering my questions. I've got a car and driver booked with them for my February cruise and a list of places that we want to go.

It was nice to read that they have been around for a while and have a good reputation. Hopefully my actual tour will be as good as the customer service so far.

The “good” photo ops on the east coast are easily reached on foot after taking the bus, but....

...you won't see another bus or available taxi to return to B-town for a long time.

We're talking 'out in the country' in stateside terms. Way out.

I'm sorry, but are you staying on the island? If you're there for a week then busing-it to the east coast is OK, otherwise.....no.

US$40 per cab is good. Cabs usually hold 4-5 folks, so your share is minimal.

I can tell you that Johnson has been around for years and I've never heard anything bad about them. I think it would be a safe bet.

Leave the bus to our west and S coast only on an 8-hour cruise-stop and use the bus when you come back for a week.

We say when you come back for a week, or longer, that you're “coming home”......

…..just like we did. ;)

Have a great visit and please come back soon. : ) :) :) :)

thank you for the information and I will contact Johnson also... I f you see this I would love for you to comment on my thread about where to stay..thanks

Archived