Luau in Honolulu

DocM4

Has anyone done either the Paradise Cove or Germain's luau? I am wondering if there is enough time, when it ends (at 9 p.m. I believe) to get back to the ship. What about transportation - Cab I suppose.

Any thoughts from those that have attended either luau will be gratefully received.

Betty

We went to the luau through the cruiseline. The bus transferred us back to the ship in time for sailaway. We were also concerned about getting back in time so we just booked it through the ship. Have fun!

For over a year now we have been pondering the same exact question along with the what ifs...

What if the only road back into Honolulu has an accident, backing up traffic? What if the show starts and ends late? What if All the cabs are taken? Etc. Etc.

After all this worrying we made our decission. We have chosen and booked the Wailua River Cruise, Luau & Romantic Ceremony LIH-105 Approximately 5.5 hours / From $169. This is a day time Luau in Kauai freeing us up for the day in Honolulu. The only ship offered Luau in Honolulu is an all day event 10 - 12 hours away from the ship and the only thing you can do that day. Seemed like a waste of valuable Honolulu time to us.

Now what is interesting is that when I go to the shore excursions for our cruise this particular excursion is no longer offered. Makes me wonder if it has been sold out already. We booked it when we booked the cruise. I did check with our cruise personalizer and yes this shore excursion is still listed as booked for us.

This is the only Luau offered during the day on any of our stops and also allows for us to enjoy the sites and sounds of Waikiki Beach during sunset, something we have always dreamed of.

No pressure and no worries! A princess excursion and they are responsible for us getting back on the ship. Just what we wanted, a worry free enjoyable time at a Luau! NOW Bring on the Hula Girls!

I hope this helps. I included all the information about the shore excursion so you can either call your TA or Princess and quote the informaiton. It is expensive but......

• 7 months later...

Wilfros, my DH and I are cruising to Hawaii on the Sapphire in March and we are thinking about this excursion. I was just wondering have you been yet and if so what did you think? And also, do you know if they had an open bar?? I love a good Mai Tai :) Thanks for the help. Betty

Archived