Jewel Cabin 3076 Question

We did a 7 Canada/New England cruise on Jewel last October in a OV on 3 toward the aft [3134]. Great room. The OVs on Jewel are bigger than the E balconies.

Do you want pics?

Pics would be great! thanks!! My wife and I are booked in a deck 3 OV, port side, midship, near but not next to the elevator. This will be our first OV on a sea going cruise ( river cruises are all OV) and I am excited. It is more square footage than the inside cabins we have occupied previously as well as the OV cabins on the river cruises we have done. I also like the idea of having a curtain between the sleeping are and the sitting area plus a couch (? 2 or 3 seater?) and not just a chair in the sitting area. Altho closet space has never been an isuue for us (light packers) i have read that there is Plenty of closet space in the OV cabins. We have not yet tried a Balcony cabin and I hesitate because I'm a loner a lot at home so getting out of our cabin as much as possible is a plus for my dear wife and myself. Also our cruise will be in early June (next year) in Northern Europe and Scandinavia so I anticipate less desire for using a balcony than for say a Caribbean cruise.

Pics would be great! thanks!! My wife and I are booked in a deck 3 OV, port side, midship, near but not next to the elevator. This will be our first OV on a sea going cruise ( river cruises are all OV) and I am excited. It is more square footage than the inside cabins we have occupied previously as well as the OV cabins on the river cruises we have done. I also like the idea of having a curtain between the sleeping are and the sitting area plus a couch (? 2 or 3 seater?) and not just a chair in the sitting area. Altho closet space has never been an isuue for us (light packers) i have read that there is Plenty of closet space in the OV cabins. We have not yet tried a Balcony cabin and I hesitate because I'm a loner a lot at home so getting out of our cabin as much as possible is a plus for my dear wife and myself. Also our cruise will be in early June (next year) in Northern Europe and Scandinavia so I anticipate less desire for using a balcony than for say a Caribbean cruise.

Here you go -- should be identical to 3076 except further aft.

P1010332-1.jpg?t=1308334139

P1010333.jpg?t=1308334125

In the second picture you will notice at least 3 things:

1. We have put the coffee table in the closet for more floor space,

2. On the desk/dresser neatly wrapped in plastic my souvenir cup for my pre-ordered soda package, and

3. DW already has her stuff spread out all over everywhere.

There is plenty of closet space and we have never had a problem with enough hangers. The curtain between the bed and the desk is mainly just for show -- it doesn't stretch across the room. We were well pleased with the room. But we also like a balcony. Frankly, I would think there will be MORE scenery in the Baltic/Scandanivia than the Caribbean, but then again I am most decidedly NOT a beach person [that @#$%^% sand gets everywhere]. We are closing in on D+ and I have yet to take a Caribbean cruise. The couch only has 2 cushions, but it is sginficantly bigger than the one in our E balcony on radiance -- I would consider it full size.

Last February we had 3036. We normally sail in balcony cabins or suites, but this was business arrangement and we had to take the cabin assigned to us.

Our room was similar to the one pictured, except our bed went the other way, and we had walking space between the window and the bed.

We found the room to be spacious enough and there was plenty of storage space. In fact, we both decided if circumstances dictated, we would be comfortable in an outside cabin........this after firmly being a balcony snob:D

While I still prefer the balcony or suite, the room was fine and the location was perfect. Other than a slight sewerage smell occasionally in the hallway, we had no complaints about the room or the service we received. We were concerned because it was a connecting room, but we had no issues with that, either.

Whatever you decide, you will love the Jewel, it's my favorite ship!

Rita

Archived