On behalf of MY CITY.....SORRY

GOcanucksGO

As most of you are aware, on June 15th 2011 a epic NHL stanley cup final game was played, Being a huge canucks fan I was dissapointed we lost. The events that took place after the game was uncalled for, imature and cowardly. I forgot about the game and was heart broken that this was happening to my beautiful city. Its a shame how some of the few foolish ruin it for the MANY proud and GOOD people that make up our city and province. THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE THAT THE WHOLE WORLD WITNESSED WAS NOT THE REAL VANCOUVER.....I HOPE THOSE PEOPLE DO GET CAUGHT AND REGRET WHAT THEY DID..... Its just a hockey game and the better team won. IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO VANCOUVER OR ARE PLANING TO CRUISE INTO/OUT OF VANCOUVER Please do not let that one moment be the reason why you should not see a world class city with some of the best scenery + citizens in the world who love this city......

Vancouver is a beautiful city both in architecture and the natural setting. The people are so polite and helpful. How anyone could trash that is beyond me....and I heard that locals showed up the next day to help with the clean-up. At least the rioters have a lot of video and photo evidence to identify and hopefully convict them.

The boarded up windows of the looted stores have become a tourist attraction - lot`s of people are taking pictures and signing the boards and most are still disgusted with what when on. The City has even put up signs thanking the citizens for be helpful - referring to the clean up job so well done - I saw at least one Olympic blue jacket out early Thursday and there were some plans in place to meet on Friday and further assist if need be.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived