Key West end of October ?

Ykgorbie

We are going to be spending 5 nights on Key West prior to our 8 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Anybody tell me anything I should know about KW at end of October? Weather? Jellyfish? Pros/cons to visiting that time of year?

Thanks !

We are going to be spending 5 nights on Key West prior to our 8 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Anybody tell me anything I should know about KW at end of October? Weather? Jellyfish? Pros/cons to visiting that time of year?

Thanks !

You should be aware that the end of Oct has one of the biggest, crowdedest, 1/2 full frontal nudiest events of the year...

• October 21 - 22, 2011 - PARTY - Goombay Fest 2011 - Stroll down Petronia Street from Duval Street and experience a world of Caribbean flavors, street fair merchandise, and throngs of tourists and locals alike. A great time for all, look for live music on the street stage and at Blue Heaven. Starts at 12:00 noon. Ends at midnight. Free event.
  • October 21 - 30 2011 - PARTY - Fantasy Fest 2011 - Weeklong celebration and Key West's biggest party of the year - with many adult-only events. Event dates and details will be added as they become available.

Pjk

Weather has always been great when we visit Ft. Lauderdale in October/November. Not sure if you are driving or flying but we just found out last week that if u r driving that NONE of the toll roads are cash anymore into key west (tolls all the way down the pike take cash still until you get close to the keys) meaning you have to buy a sunpass now, which sucks..so if you are driving from the keys to ft. lauderdale buy your pass before you leave the keys. If you are driving down to the keys buy ur sunpass before getting to the keys so you aren't stuck getting off the pike to buy one.

Archived