Nervous about Blue Lagoon selling out

06jds377

I'm 5 weeks away from sailing, and I've booked with an online TA that offers a free shore excursion for one guest - which I had planned to use towards a Blue Lagoon beach day. They're telling me I won't receive the coupon code for another 2 weeks, and I'm nervous about it selling out since there will be 5 ships in port that day..

Should I go ahead and book? Should I wait? Will I be able to cancel my full-price booking and re-book when I receive the offer in email?

Any advice?

I don't want to guarantee anything but I will share my experience with you. We travelled during Spring Break 2010 and were first time cruisers. We naively didn't know what to do in port so we thought we'd just wing it but about 2 weeks before our cruise I started researching on this board and we changed our minds about 'winging it' and booked one excursion in Freeport through the ship and tried to book Blue Lagoon through the ship. We were very disappointed when Blue Lagoon was sold out through the ship so I contacted them directly and we were able to book through them independently which I would highly recommend if you are able (we travelled with NCL and from what I understand you may not be able to book with them independently anymore). So long story short, I think you should be ok as there were 5 ships in port when we were there as well! I'm fairly sure that you don't have the option of cancelling once you book so I wouldn't want you to lose the money if you don't have to but I also wouldn't want you to miss out on the excursion. I hope that helps a bit! We LOVED Blue Lagoon!!! They are very helpful if you need to contact them before you leave. I emailed them a few times to clarify information and they were always very helpful!

I would just call or email and explain your situation. I'm sure they have dealt with it before. It may be possible that if you book and pay for the others they may "hold" one spot for you while you wait for the free excursion code. They obviously know if you've booked and paid for the others you're going to go. I think it would be the best thing to do, so you can stop worrying about it and check it off your list of things to do.

Good for you. I had booked blue lagoon as a shore excursion too. Unfortunately, I recieved email notification about a month ago stating that the excursion had been canceled :eek:. I was very much looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be available again by the time we sail.

Archived