Eurodam

dvg1027

We are going on the Eurodam 10/29 7 day Caribbean and have booked two Superior Verandah Suites.

My parents condo neighbors just came back from a HAL cruise and said to upgrade to the deluxe verandah suites if possible. I emailed my TA to ask about pricing and availability but she is on a plane to Italy as we speak so I don't expect an answer right away. LOL

Just curious if anyone knows the following:

Do those suites go quickly? We would need two of them

Does anyone know the difference in price from an SS category to a SA/SB/SC? Just a rough idea.

Is it worth it?

My parents, like I have mentioned a million times on this board, are 89 and 91 and their friends say that if you have the deluxe they really cater to you and they are much more comfortable.

Thanks!

Ships tend to fill from the top down & bottom up. (IOW, the cheapest and most expensive tend to sell out first.)

WRT your pricing questions, you can find the answer about the exact difference in fares by going to the Holland America website, entering the date, etc. and then pretend you are booking a cabin. You don't have to actually book it, though. ;) Your TA might be giving you a discount, but the comparative difference between HAL's official rack rate should hold true for your TA's rate. (IOW, if a standard SA fare is 40% higher than the standard SS fare, any discounted SA fare will also be about 40% higher than any quoted/confirmed discounted SS fare your TA has provided.)

Is it worth it? No one here can answer that question. Some will say Yes. Others will say No. All that means is that it is or isn't worth it to them. You might want to take such advice with more than a grain of salt - they don't really know anything about you and your parents and you don't really know anything about them.

EDIT: I just saw your update to the other thread. Like your previous post mentioning a specific agency, your new one there will probably disappear as soon as the moderators see it, as you once again named a specific travel agency. Cruise Critic prohibits mentioning specific travel agents or travel agencies for any reason. You may not have noticed it, but you probably have a notification awaiting you. Check underneath your user name in the upper right corner of the page.

Hi, We had a SA deluxe suite on the Zuiderdam and recently a VA verandah room on the Noordam. The deluxe suite was very big, had a separate shower and a bathtub, more than we needed and The verandah deck is bigger with 4 chairs. There are extras like the Neptune lounge, laundry and pressing and your own conceriege and invitations to all kinds of meet and greets but you have to weigh if that is all worth the difference to you.

We specifically booked a verandah category on our 17 day tour of the Mediterrean this year as the deluxe was quite a bit more money(2500$ per person more)and we didnt think we needed all the luxury and could use the money to shop and tour. As soon as we arrived on the ship we ordered the unlimited laundry and pressing which cost us about 180$ for the duration which was awesome. We didnt really miss the Neptune lounge. We found the food is the same over and over again so not much of a bonus. Maybe the steward service was a bit better in deluxe but after just finishing our 17 days on May 31/11, I am very glad I didnt pay the extra. And the rooms in our verandah VA category were very sufficient for us. It is all in what you want and need and if you want to spend the money. Just do the math to see if the extras are worth it to you.

Since your parents are older and maybe move a bit slower than others, a deluxe suite would be nice. They could eat breakfast in the Pinnacle and use the Neptune Lounge to have nicities with less crowds, It comes down to how much you are willing to pay. Have a nice trip.

Marcia

Archived