fl beach front hotel closest to shops & restaurants

butty

Would really appreciate any advice on which hotel to stay at in August with my husband and 2 boys before we set sail on Oasis. We will have two days to explore what Fort lauderdale has to offer with a car during the day if needed, but would appreciate restaurants, bars and shops to be in a strolling distance of our hotel.

To be "smack on the sand" I recommend either the outstanding Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel or equally well located Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (Beach Tower rooms). Both are close to the port, about 2 miles, but also just a short half mile easy walk of the main goings on along Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd.

Lago Mar is also on the same beach area but does not have the reasonable walk to the main drag Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd where there are so many restaurants and cafes

Worldspan

129 cruise strong

Thanks for your quick reply and help. I was also thinking of these two hotels, I was just having trouble mapping what was around all beach front hotels in ft Lauderdale on google as far as restaurants, bars and shops were concerned. I just wanted to stay some place where you could just walk out of your hotel at night and people watch, strole stopping for the odd wine safely. I have even thought of the Riverside I think it's got everything I need - but the beach!

For me, it comes to what I would rather be closer to. I don't consider the Sheraton Beach Hotel to be in a good location in relation to restaurants and shopping (a half mile walk north to a few restaurants and couple surf and tattoo shops), but it's beach location can't be beat.

I might be inclined to have a look at the Courtyard by Marriot, which is just a block south of Las Olas and is right in the middle of the bars, restuarants and shops along the beachfront. The only difference is you have to walk across the road to the beach instead of being literally beachfront like the Sheraton. I would feel better about an evening/night stroll in the area if my hotel wasn't a half mile of nothingness away from this area.

Of course, since you have a car, you can drive to the shopping and eating in other areas, if the beach is more important, or you can stay at the Embassy Suites or Renaissance on 17th, have a multitude of shopping and restaurants next door and drive to the beach, where there is plenty of parking.

Look at Marriott Beach Place, Ritz Carlton, and Courtyard, to be in the middle of the area that has what you are looking for. These are all across the street from the beach (no buildings are on the beach there). I have to tell you, though, the beach front is much more casual and much less classy than the Riverside Hotel Las Olas area...you will see a different type of crowd. If you really want Riverside, it is only 3 miles from the beach and it's easy to get to the beach by Sun Trolley. I love the Marriott Harbor Beach, but it is close to a mile walk to the center of things. The Sheraton is about 3 blocks closer but is still quite a walk from what you are describing that you are looking for.

Archived