half moon cay cabana

The higher the number, the futher away from the action, water play area..and noise. Last year we had #6, and it was reasonably quiet. In Spet we are going for a lower # since we will have a youngster interested in the water play and a bunch in our group who want to hang at the bars.

There are some videos on Youtube and show you the difference between say Cabana#3 and Cabana #12

For us, we want a more relaxing day so we are going with a higher number. What I saw on Yourtube, cabana #3 had about 5 rows of loungers in front of it for the cruisers to sit on .But the higher numbers had fewer (down to one row of loungers at 12 and up) so we will have a nice view of the water without a million people in front of us.

There are also several maps that show the lay out of the beach so you can get one by the dining room, restrooms, bar, what ever is important to you

#1-#5 are the original ones, grouped together closer to the kiddie park and the tender dock.

Then the new bar and the water rental shack are next.

Then #6-#15 move down the beach.

The higher the number, the further from the crowds and the quieter.

#8 and #9 are right in front of the stairs to the restrooms and the path to the food pavillion.

Hope that helps...

Bill

#1-#5 are the original ones, grouped together closer to the kiddie park and the tender dock.

Then the new bar and the water rental shack are next.

Then #6-#15 move down the beach.

The higher the number, the further from the crowds and the quieter.

#8 and #9 are right in front of the stairs to the restrooms and the path to the food pavillion.

Hope that helps...

Bill

Thanks that is the info I was looking for :):)

We didn't have a cabana, but we really thought Cabana 9 or 10 were perfect.. close enough to walk to the new bar... directly in front of the bathrooms, but fewer people for a more relaxing experience. We found some chairs, and DH fell asleep in a hammock in the shade.... paradise....

Anybody have pics or more info on the kiddie area?

I have two boys, 9&3. The older one will get in and boogey board or whatever but the 3 yr old won't. Would he be able to play at this kid area?

Anybody have pics or more info on the kiddie area?

I have two boys, 9&3. The older one will get in and boogey board or whatever but the 3 yr old won't. Would he be able to play at this kid area?

Sorry, we have no kids and try to get away from the kiddie area and the crowds at that end of the beach.

I know others have posted pictures of the area though.

Hopefully somebody will come in here and take care of it for you.

Bill

We were there the 6th of this month. We had #12 and thought it was perfect for us. There was definately less people, real close to the restroom but not right where the traffic to go to the restroom was. There also is a road right behind the cabanas that you can just walk up to to go to the bar or to get lunch. It really is the perfect day!

From what I have read the closer you are to the bar and other things the more people uses your cabana. People talk about people walking up and sitting down using the shower. So my wife and I are planning to get one farther away from this. I don't care if it is the last one.

Just like everyone has said. the cabanas are a great idea. The higher the number the further away from the crowds.

We had # 4 this past May and it was perfect for us. We felt it was close to everything we wanted.

Enjoy! I wish I was going with you

From what I have read the closer you are to the bar and other things the more people uses your cabana. People talk about people walking up and sitting down using the shower. So my wife and I are planning to get one farther away from this. I don't care if it is the last one.

I had read this also and was a little worried about it.

At cabana #10 we did not have any issues with others "invading" our cabana at all. Also we could not hear the music from the bar.

Archived