Forward cabin on Plaza deck, Golden Princess to Alaska

Adventures ahead

We booked an obstructed oceanview cabin guarantee and were just assigned an unobstructed oceanview. The goal was to get on the ship and save some money so we already have our wish.

Has anyone stayed in the most forward cabins on Plaza deck (5)? We're in P204, the second from the front (bow ;)). The theatre is above us (that's OK, we don't go to bed early) and wonder what's below us (blank on the deck plan). No ports are tendered so the anchor shouldn't be an issue. Don't know where stabilizers are and if they create noise. Quite happy, just curious!

We booked an obstructed oceanview cabin guarantee and were just assigned an unobstructed oceanview. The goal was to get on the ship and save some money so we already have our wish.

Has anyone stayed in the most forward cabins on Plaza deck (5)? NOT ME We're in P204, the second from the front (bow ;)). The theatre is above us (that's OK, we don't go to bed early) and wonder what's below us (blank on the deck plan). I BELIEVE THAT FAR FWD IS DRY FOOD PRODUCT STORAGE ON DECK 4 AND STORAGE OF GOODS TO ABOUT THE MIDSHIP STAIRWELL AFTER WHICH AS YOU GO AFT YOU START INTO THE CREW'S QUARTERS AND MED CENTRE AREA. No ports are tendered so the anchor shouldn't be an issue. RIGHT... ANCHOR AND CHAIN ARE LOCATED ON THE FO'CSLE WHICH IS FORWARD OF ANY STATEROOMS. Don't know where stabilizers are and if they create noise. NO NOISE FROM STABILIZERS, HOWEVER THAT FAR FWD YOU MAY FEEL SOME BUMPS AND NOISE FROM THE BOW INTO THE OCEAN SHOULD THE WINDS PICK UP OFF THE WEST COAST OF VANCOUVER ISLAND AS YOU EXIT JUAN DE FUCA STRAIT. REST OF VOYAGE IS REASONABLY PROTECTED WATERS. Quite happy, just curious!

Glad you got the OV upgrade even though forward, and enjoy Golden.

Ciao for now!!!

Thanks, Captain Ron

This will be our 7th Princess cruise. We always book an OV and have always been lucky with the view. We have always been assigned a 'better' OV. This is the first time we've been assigned a higher category (up to full view), although it is so far forward and wouldn't suit everyone. We're looking forward to being on the same deck as the International Cafe and dining room.

We're stopping in Cochrane to visit son & DIL on the way to Seattle. Will look north and give you a wave but, maybe, you'd prefer an ocean wave!

Has anyone stayed in the most forward cabins on Plaza deck (5)? We're in P204, the second from the front (bow ;)). The theatre is above us (that's OK, we don't go to bed early) and wonder what's below us (blank on the deck plan). No ports are tendered so the anchor shouldn't be an issue. Don't know where stabilizers are and if they create noise. Quite happy, just curious!

I have been in this Cabin on the CB. We loved it-the location was great and not noisy at all. Plus you are steps away from the International Cafe!

I love the cabins on Plaza deck. You are closer to the water than anyone on the ship and you can see the foam kicked up by the bow cutting through the water when you are way up at the front of the ship.

Carolyn,

Do the OVs on Plaza have the bed under the window or against the wall? There are two couples in our group that have Plaza OVs - they were upgraded from obstructed OV.

I've been in these cabins for two different Caribbean cruises now (P203 for my most recent Caribbean cruise,) and for the most part, they are very quiet. The only times you might have noise issues will be from the bow thrusters if the ship is making an early-morning arrival in port, but other than that, you should be fine. And in the cabins I've been in the bed has always been under the window.

When are you going?

When are you going?

Aug 13-20.

Vexorg,

Golden and Ruby are not quite the same but very similar. Clicking on each deck plan shows the bed is not under the window (that I would prefer but just a small disappointment). Someone had posted that these forward cabins were smaller (window wall is curved a bit this far forward) but they look a bit bigger than the others down the hall, even if you don't take into consideration that the front four cabins jog out into the hall. Doesn't matter - it will be great to be cruising!

Archived