Experienced Snorkelers Seek Advice/Opinions

rikatine

Any advice for experienced snorkelers?

After reading many threads on this board, I am weighing my options for snorkeling on our upcoming trip. This is my second trip to Bermuda, and I am ready for more adventure. On my last trip, I took a ship excursion out on a boat to a small cove like area, and a small "island" that you could snorkel around if you were an experienced snorkeler. It was okay, but the best part was the scenic boat ride to be honest. Snorkeled at snorkel park. Both of these options were fine because I had my sister snorkeling for the first time.

For this trip, my DH and I, these are the options we are considering.

Church Bay

Tobacco Bay (sightseeing in St George)

Private (non ship) excursion by boat, not sure which one has the best snorkeling for experienced snorkelers. We prefer shallow places, so not sure if any of the wreck oriented sites would really wow us.

Sea Gardens, how do we get out there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We will be using public transportation. Thank you in advance.

DH is an experienced snorkeler. We were the HAL Veendam June 5 sailing. DH said Church Bay really was the best of all the places he went during the trip. However, you need to swim out to the reefs which most people do not do.

Some people we met on the ship said that Whale Beach (north St George) is usually great but it was real choppy when we went. He said it is a place that some of the excursions use.

DD and I will be there on July 3rd. We have a private driver to tour the Island with. One of the things we requested is that he stop somewhere at a beach where the snorkeling is good. DD and I are both experienced snorkelers. I'll report back where he took us. :)

(after some research I am leaning towards requesting Tobacco Bay, its been mentioned on this board and the Scuba and Snorkeling board)

DH is an experienced snorkeler. We were the HAL Veendam June 5 sailing. DH said Church Bay really was the best of all the places he went during the trip. However, you need to swim out to the reefs which most people do not do.

Some people we met on the ship said that Whale Beach (north St George) is usually great but it was real choppy when we went. He said it is a place that some of the excursions use.

Thanks, we will have to make Church Bay happen. Don't mind swimming out to the reefs, if we can figure it out once we get there. If he has any stratedgy let me know.

DD and I will be there on July 3rd. We have a private driver to tour the Island with. One of the things we requested is that he stop somewhere at a beach where the snorkeling is good. DD and I are both experienced snorkelers. I'll report back where he took us. :)

(after some research I am leaning towards requesting Tobacco Bay, its been mentioned on this board and the Scuba and Snorkeling board)

Please do come back and let us know. Have a great trip!

Archived