X Solstice Class versus RCI Radiance Class

nicole_p

My partner and I went on our first cruise last year on the Celebrity Solstice. We LOVED it! We are in our late 20s and worried that there wouldn't be enough activity for us, but we found that there was enough activity for us. We loved the beauty/elegance of the ship, excellent service, food, the feel of the ship being "new" and clean, and the fact that you could find live music (quartets, pianos, guitar players) in several bars throughout the evening.

We are now looking into our next cruise and really want to go to the Southern Caribbean. Unfortunately, the most of the newer ships (including Solstice class, Freedom class, and Oasis class) do not seem to go there. We are looking at going on the Serenade of the Seas, but because it is an older ship, we are worried that it won't be as nice of an experience for us. Has anyone out there been on both classes who could give us a comparison of the classes? Does the Radiance Class feel as nice? Even though there are more activities for younger people on the Radiance, are there still also things like live music? How is the food in comparison?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I have been on both the Solstice and the Radiance. The Solstice is a great ship, and is really beautiful. Radiance is a close cousin of the Solstice and has a somewhat similar deck plan. Between the two, I prefer Solstice, but if the itinerary you want is on a Radiance Class ship, you will not be disappointed. Radiance Class is very pretty, and some parts, like the Solarium, are more attractive than Solstice.

Archived