New review on dream !

:):)Fantastic experience on the dream!pixel.gifJust returned ( last night) from the Med Medley aboard the Thomson Dream. What an absolutely fantastic 7 days on board! Everything from the arrival at Palma to the 100% friendly hardworking staff was professional throughout the whole cruise. As this was our first cruise and we have become fed up with so called 4* plus hotels which end up being full of loud, drunk English moaning types we thought we would try a cruise. We debated long and hard whether to go with Thomson or to try Royal Caribbean as their ships looked so impressive but we are so pleased we chose the dream. We were told by the Thomson travel agent that people chose the Dream as it is known for its friendly feel and it did not disappoint at all. We are in our 40's and again had thought perhaps cruising was just for older or retired people but not at all, there were all ages on board and this added to the mix. Others on board who had travelled with Royal Caribbean etc did say they were not so friendly as because the ships are so big there isn't the same family atmosphere.

The itinerary for the week was great which helped as did the weather (7 sunny days) but without a doubt it was the staff team on board that made the experience so wonderful. Without exception from the moment of arrival all the staff - waiters, chefs, cabin stewards, reception staff, SPA staff, shop staff and the fabulous entertainment team were so professional and so hard working in order to give the best customer experience they possibly could. The evening entertainment was top class with varied shows and energetic dancing every evening - they delivered 2 top class shows every night and still found the time afterwards to mingle with guests and were genuinely interested in making sure you had a good time. A wonderful entertainments team humbly led by Paul the cruise director, who you could tell led the team well and there was an obvious respect amongst them as well as fantastic team spirit. Great touches like thanking all the team each night and not once mentioning himself or the usual cheesy someone else thanks him over the microphone. Not just good entertainment but intelligent and professional not like some "cheesy" entertainment offered in hotels.

The cabin was so much more spacious than we expected, we had an outside plus on deck 7 which was great. Plenty of storage space, 100% clean and maintained throughout by our friendly cabin steward.

great to hear so close to our departure on the same itinery which port of call in your opinion was the most memorable. thanks so much for taking the time to do this for all the people that are booked in the future for the dream. I find the thomson staff are second to none anyway do you think the dream crew are even better than say the spirit, who are tremendous anyway. i am one happy bunny having read this.

Hpoe it is a good one Jim , we are planning a third cruise on Dream next year

:eek:

:cool:

Me and you both :D

Ah Jim, don't upset me now..going in 12 days time :confused:

I`ll try and put something together tomorrow.Recovery rate is slow due to too much late nights/drink :D

clem,

I`m working on it but trust me my review is not worth the wait :Dit`ll not be to the same standards as others.Hope to have something up today or tomorrow.

Sunbeds on sea day?Funny you should say that,was just thinking about that and believe or not I cannot remember what it was like or even if we had one.Will need to wait on mrs coming home from work to jog my memory

Genoa-thankfully had been before because we were berthed some 25/30 mins walk for the able bodied from the centre.Double that for anyone with walking difficulties like myself.I attempted it for 15mins or so(very few cafe/bars to stop off for a refreshment)then turned back.

Hi all you waiting with baited breath I was also on the same week as jim but couldnt suss him out as there were so many scottish passengers on there but bumped into annie60 in the ocean bar. Anyway we had a fantastic time on the dream and will definately be sailing on her again probably my favourite ship now. food excellant,staff wonderful, entertainment fantastic and the drink went down very well. will do a better review later trying to get back into work at the moment and failing miserably.

Jings that was a quick reply Jim, I always trust a fellow Scot's review especially one thats likes a wee shandy or three:D

:D quicker than my review

Hi all you waiting with baited breath I was also on the same week as jim but couldnt suss him out as there were so many scottish passengers on there but bumped into annie60 in the ocean bar. Anyway we had a fantastic time on the dream and will definately be sailing on her again probably my favourite ship now. food excellant,staff wonderful, entertainment fantastic and the drink went down very well. will do a better review later trying to get back into work at the moment and failing miserably.

infoqueen

There was a lot of Scots onboard,I walked with an elbow crutch :)

Hi jim,

we go on sat so we are waiting for your review. did you find a nice spot on sea day? is it a mad scramble for sunbeds

whats genoa like?

clem

clem

We didn`t get a sunbed on sailing day but we were lateish out of bed.

Archived