Falmouth taxi's

bajathree

I am jumping on Freedom this weekend and have a stop at Falmouth. I can get a good deal on a room over at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall for the day to use the facilities.....was wondering what the taxi situation was at Falmouth.....is the taxi stand inside the terminal or do you have to exit....and any idea of cost and time over to the RC....right next to Iberostar.

I am jumping on Freedom this weekend and have a stop at Falmouth. I can get a good deal on a room over at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall for the day to use the facilities.....was wondering what the taxi situation was at Falmouth.....is the taxi stand inside the terminal or do you have to exit....and any idea of cost and time over to the RC....right next to Iberostar.

We will be there next week too. I was told you have to walk out of the gated area and the taxi's are right there. I posted a picture of the rates on the link on the last post.

Im wondering if you can take Royals free shuttle to Rose hall shoppes and a taxi from there. (it is much shorter)

THANKS for the info guys:)...that is exactly what I was looking for. $100 RT for the 2 of us to go to the Ritz:eek:that is what I am paying for a room there.....crazy:rolleyes:Might as well just stay with a ship excursion for that type of cab fare.

CruiseDiva...I have read in every post that the RC free transport is to the shopping area only and you aren't allowed to take a taxi from that area....not sure how that is enforced but I haven't heard anyone that posted they have done so.

THANKS for the info guys:)...that is exactly what I was looking for. $100 RT for the 2 of us to go to the Ritz:eek:that is what I am paying for a room there.....crazy:rolleyes:Might as well just stay with a ship excursion for that type of cab fare.

CruiseDiva...I have read in every post that the RC free transport is to the shopping area only and you aren't allowed to take a taxi from that area....not sure how that is enforced but I haven't heard anyone that posted they have done so.

I do know the free Royal shuttle goes only to the Rose Hall Shoppes, but where you go from there...? That sounds awfully strange thinking about it. I havent read that on any threads. Going to check into that.

If you have the thread bookmarked do you mind sharing where you read that?

I do know the free Royal shuttle goes only to the Rose Hall Shoppes, but where you go from there...? That sounds awfully strange thinking about it. I havent read that on any threads. Going to check into that.

If you have the thread bookmarked do you mind sharing where you read that?

Here ya go

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29019900&postcount=9

Baja, will you report back on Falmouth on your return? We are thinking about doing a day pass at Hilton Rose Hall but I'd be interested to hear about the Ritz - as well as the transportation issues. We're NOT going to spend our time driving around - if the Ritz or Hilton don't work out well, we will just stay onboard. Even though our cruise is a ways off, I don't have much hope of any great improvements or things to do at the pier yet. Surprised JB hasn't built a Margaritaville there - give the cruisers SOMETHING to do in port.

Baja, will you report back on Falmouth on your return? We are thinking about doing a day pass at Hilton Rose Hall but I'd be interested to hear about the Ritz - as well as the transportation issues. We're NOT going to spend our time driving around - if the Ritz or Hilton don't work out well, we will just stay onboard. Even though our cruise is a ways off, I don't have much hope of any great improvements or things to do at the pier yet. Surprised JB hasn't built a Margaritaville there - give the cruisers SOMETHING to do in port.

With the taxi cost the way it is, I figured to just stick with a ship excursion instead....going tubing.

Totally understand. So far the excursions we like (snorkeling/catamarans/beaches) all involve transport to MoBay or OR. We refuse to travel more than 30 minutes each way.

The Royal tubing excursion say's it's only a 20 minute ride or less....that is why I opted for it....didn't want to do a long bus ride either.

Archived