Info on NCL Star Spa and Suites Wanted!

theshortchef

I thought that I read that all suites on the Star had a whirlpool bath but now I can't find it ... maybe I imagined it? Would love to hear more info or see pics of the different suites on the Star. Always anxious to learn more about the spa too! Thx :)

I thought that I read that all suites on the Star had a whirlpool bath but now I can't find it ... maybe I imagined it? Would love to hear more info or see pics of the different suites on the Star. Always anxious to learn more about the spa too! Thx :)

We have been 2 different suites on the Star. The first was the GV. In 14500 the front and back masters have a jetted tub. The middle suite has a regular tub. I think I have pics of the bathrooms. The second suite we were in is the 2 bedroom on deck 11. At the time they were category AB. I'm not sure what they are now.:p Anyway, it also has a jetted tub. It was great to be soaking in the tub and watch the ocean go by. The shower also has a LARGE window in it. Just becareful taking a shower in port. ;) We visited friends that were in an AC (Front on deck 9 & 10) and I don't think they had a jetted tub, but that was several years ago.

The link to the pics are in my signature line. The A3 is the same floorplan as the AB on the Star. The only difference is the Star doesn't have a Courtyard.

The Penthouse suites have much smaller tubs, the same size as the bathroom in the mini-suites. The Owners Suites have jetted tubs, quite nice!

The Family Penthouse suites on 12 have a large tub, no jets, I believe. I looked at one on a cabin crawl, did not see any.

The Spa in the Star is all the way aft on deck 11, right below the gym. Access is currently $119/week. It used to be fee free, and those were the days!

They have lovely teak loungers, not the heated tile ones. I love the plunges in the men's wet room, especially when the hot tub is hot. Lots of times they forget to turn it on, kind of annoys me! The cold plunge is wonderful after a sauna.

There are two hot tubs in the coed area, one where you lie on a lounger and bubbles surround you. The other is a traditional jetted hot tub. There are showers, teas, and fruit infused ice water.

There are doors on either side of the row of loungers with a sign reading Members Only. It is the sort of waiting area for people getting treatments. Those rooms are VERY quiet, love to hang out there, they don't seem to mind.

Enjoy!

The new family suites on 12 have beautiful, very large bathrooms with a wonderful size tub. (Easily fits 2 people.) But it is not jetted. There is a hand held spray as well as the regular tub spout. In addition there is a walk in shower with the sunflower nozzle overhead and a hand held spray.

Archived