Question about tender tickets for Grand Cayman

sp29488

On our Grand Cayman day we are just going to catch a bus and go to the Turtle Farm. We aren't in a big rush to get off the ship at 7:00am when it gets there and starts the tender process. I know we'll want to leave before 12noon. Do you think we'll still need to get a tender ticket really early or can we go get a ticket around 9:00am or so? Will we still need a ticket at that time?

Thanks for any help.

On our Grand Cayman day we are just going to catch a bus and go to the Turtle Farm. We aren't in a big rush to get off the ship at 7:00am when it gets there and starts the tender process. I know we'll want to leave before 12noon. Do you think we'll still need to get a tender ticket really early or can we go get a ticket around 9:00am or so? Will we still need a ticket at that time?

Thanks for any help.

We were there last June and did have to get tender tickets. We wanted to get off early so went and got a ticket. I think by noon you can usually just get right off. Have a great time, Grand Caymen is beautiful!!!

There aren't always tender tickets issued in GC, I think it has to do with how many are on ship excursions.

Usually though by 10ish a ticket isn't required. And even if they are required I've never seen them turn someone away.

We were on the Conquest in May and the "tickets" were little paper stickers you stuck on your shirt. They were numbered. Hubby and I got #11s. We went to deck 0 to get on the tender boat and waited in line surrounded by #8s, $14s, and everyting in between. None of the Carnival employees looked at these numbers. We got on the tender boat in the order that we were in line. The stickers had absolutely no meaning. So I'm still not sure I fully understand that process. hahahaha It was pretty painless, though.

June 12th on the Legend. If you wanted to go early or had an early exc, you went to Follies and they called each excursion one at a time, them when all the exc. were called, they started with the numbers for the rest of us. we were 30. we wrapped around the corridors and finally got on the tender...took about 30 to 45 minutes....that was at about 11 am when we got to Follies.....otherwise you waited till 11:45 and went straight to the tender line. we could have gone to eat, then went back and it would have saved the wait in line....oh well...live and learn :rolleyes:

Archived