Stroller Recomendation

Woodmnky

I've heard many people talk about putting little one in a stroller and letting them sleep in it while they were out and about at shows.

Does anyone have a recomendation of a good stroller that will allow little one to lay down?

I currently have a Chicco stroller, which is great, but really too big for a cruise ship.

I love this stroller! Technically it's an umbrella stroller but has a lot of bells and whistles. It folds up quickly and has a nice recline so baby can sleep. It's a great smaller stroller to travel with but much nicer than a simple umbrella stroller.

I recall reading about a stroller that reclines more than most and has a more mesh type seat to keep cooler, does anyone know which model?

We have a City Mini that we have taken with us on several cruises. It reclines fairly close to flat for naps. It is mesh on the back side to allow air to travel through it (you can also pull a cover over the back). The backside of the seat is not hard--more like a canvas material--so when our toddler is in the reclined position taking a nap he sort of looks like his is in a hammock. Not that he is swinging back and forth significantly or anything like that. It just has some give to it and a subtle sway. In an opened position, the wheelbase is just narrow enough to fit through a cabin door. And, folding it up is an absolute snap. Just grab a strap located in the front middle of the seat and pull up, and it folds neatly in half. Makes it easier to store flat, or in a standing position.

The only slight downside to City Mini stroller at this point is that now that our son is 19 months old, he is more aware of his surroundings and wants to people watch more than ever. However, even when the stroller seat is in the most upright most position, he is still reclined more than you still see in most other strollers. So, we have taken to wedging a pillow or a portable high chair seat that folds neatly behind his back so he can sit more upright. Not ideal, but a workable solution.

I'm not sure that you're going to find a reclining stroller with a mesh back. Most that recline have a "flap" that you can roll up or remove that will allow air circulation to the top of the child's head.

I think you're going to want relatively lightweight, not too wide, reclining, with leg support for little ones. Some that fit this bill include Maclaren Quest, Maclaren Techno XT, Maclaren Techno XLR, Britax Blink, Britax B-Nimble, Peg Perego Si, Cybex Onyx, the Mamas & Papas strollers (similar to Maclaren, available at Babies R Us), possibly Combi Savvy.

Lots of people use the Baby Jogger City Mini, but I didn't find that it met our needs. It folds awkwardly for traveling. Yes, it's a quick fold, but it makes a weird shape and it's very hard to lock so that it doesn't open up during travel. It folds with the seat and back to the outside, so it would get dirty if you gatecheck it. It does recline far and have a great canopy, but no extendable leg support, which my DS didn't find as comfortable for stretching out.

I have and love the Maclaren Volo, but it does not recline and does not have leg support.

I really prefer an umbrella fold for ease of traveling and storage. I like the Maclarens (you can find them cheap on eBay from babyproductstore, believed to be the Maclaren outlet in the US). The Cybex, Britax, and Mamas & Papas strollers are virtually identical to the Maclarens and may be more affordable. Strollers are usually up on Craigslist in decent condition, too.

With umbrella strollers, you do typically sacrifice a child snack tray, but it has honestly not really been an issue for us.

ETA: Our travel stroller is the 2010 Cybex Topaz (discontinued in US). The Cybexes have extendable leg rests and one-handed recline, removable and washable padded seat, and umbrella fold. I got the Topaz because I thought we'd need a belly bar to attach a sippy to and because we were leaving a stroller with a snack tray. I regret not getting the new model Cybex Onyx instead, though. It has an awesome canopy (similar to the Baby Jogger City Mini) and is otherwise quite similar to the Topaz but without the belly bar (which has turned out to be unnecessary). I do have a Mac Volo for when I need really lightweight, and for when DS gets older, but for now I am loving the leg support, comfort, and bigger wheel size of the Topaz, though I do think I'll need to get a Rayshade or other extended canopy accessory to really block sunlight from DS.

We have a Britax Blinc. We like it b/c it reclines quite far back, had a great sun shade, but also has an adjustable foot rest, which when your toddler is sleeping is great to have so that their feet/legs are not daggling. It's also super cheap; we got ours for less than $90 so there's not guilt if it gets dirty/ruined on the beach.

we have the zooper twist and love it!!!!! it reclines all the way, has the best sun canopy i have seen and is just all around awesome!! it is a bit expensive but i think its well worth it. the 2011 models go to $200 and the 2010 is $150

http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-Twist-Stroller-Olive-Waves/dp/B002AS9MI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308942980&sr=8-1

Archived