Question about Fury day sail

Racefan9

We will be on FOS in 2012 (early - I know!). We are trying to decide between half day sail on Fury or half day ship excursion on Doubloon/Bones ship through RCI. 2 questions:

1. Do they play music on Fury?

2. Which would be better for a teen with motion sickness? She will have a patch and take Bonine - but is one ship more likely to cause motion issues due to size of ship?

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

On the Fury are you guys snorkeling with the Turtles? I did the turtle snorkeling with my family last January when we were there & they had drinks, but no music. I would also MAKE SURE (if you go with them) you confirm time & place with them. They told me time + place and we got there 15 minutes early & they had left! A girl at the local restaurant was super nice and let us use her phone to call them. They came back for us but on the phone he seemed kind of upset with us. I had the e-mail and everything of the information that he sent me to prove that we were there 15 minutes before he wanted us there. It was a rocky start to our day but the turtles were really neat.

We went on Fury last month and had a blast. Crew was great and they had music playing. The boat itself is basically a large sailboat. I did not notice the motion very much. It would somewhat depend on the weather and sea conditions of the day. We had little wind so we did not do any serious sailing. Not sure what type of boat you would be on through the ships excursion. Definitely less people on Fury. They only take 24.

We did the Fury last week and had a great time. Music was played the entire time. My daughter(16) sat in the back as she tends to get seasick. After about ten minutes in the sun and waves it hit her. The crew quickly put her in the shade, gave her an ice cold can of beer to put behind her ear and put motion sickness bands on her wrists. She was able to enjoy the snorkeling and the sail back. The crew was fantastic!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Food - I recall some drinks, granola bars.

Getting on & off- easy from dock when you are dry- just stepping on and they require being barefoot whole trip. Getting in & out of water there is a vertical ladder a few rungs- I observed was bit harder when tired from snorkeling- crew will help hoist you up though. :eek: (I chose to observe and not snorkel, rather take photos.)

I am extremely prone to motion sickness, and live on Bonine. I had no issues, but made sure to sit near front & facing forward.

My son is super stury (never takes anything for airline,amusement parks) and was sitting near side/ back and started feeling green. Had to take a Bonine from me, and moved to front and then recovered. His girlfriend got ill, because she took on water while snorkeling. It was an exhilarating ride back with sails up and sailing on an angle with feet in water a bit. Would repeat again if I was really into snorkeling.

Background- we walked from Havensight dock are thru gate that was at end of pier, for a short walk to area of yacht club and told to meet at a bar there. I recall they were a bit late arriving making us doubt we were in right location, but overall very easy with pickup right there and no taxis needed.