all day snorkel at Grand Stirrup Cay

licinius9

hello..!! i am going on a cruise in november and will be stopping by GSC (grand stirrup cay) and want to do the all day snorkel offered there by NCL.. i will have my own snorkel gear, so do i need to pay for the trip ? i assume the payment ($30) for the trip covers the gear, but if i have my own, do i still have to pay ? has anyone ever done this trip on their cruise and had their own gear ? thanks..!!

hello..!! i am going on a cruise in november and will be stopping by GSC (grand stirrup cay) and want to do the all day snorkel offered there by NCL.. i will have my own snorkel gear, so do i need to pay for the trip ? i assume the payment ($30) for the trip covers the gear, but if i have my own, do i still have to pay ? has anyone ever done this trip on their cruise and had their own gear ? thanks..!!

You do not have to pay if you have your own snorkel gear. I have heard that they require lifejackets, which we did not have, but no one said anything to us. WE snorkeled a long time, the water is pretty shallow, and we saw many fish and a stingray. We brought our own equipment and snorkeled at our leisure throughout the whole day. IT was a great day!

I will be docking at Great Stirrup Cay in September. How does the snorkeling here compare to the snorkel adventures offered on Grand Bahama Island where you are taken out on a boat to a specific location? Are the underwater views more fabulous at specific reef locations vs. just snorkeling along the shore of Great Stirrup Cay?

There aren't many excursions offered at this location (I don't want to parasail or take a waverunner). So it looks like relaxing on the beach and snorkeling are my only options. I want to snorkel at least once on the 4 day trip but I want a memorable experience so I'm wondering if I should book an additional snorkel adventure on a different island.

It was a nice day but if you're looking for a coral reef you might be disappointed.

There is plenty of sea life (fish, urchins, even an anemone) but very little bright, colorful coral.

Near the dive hut there is a map that shows where the sea life is. We swam out to the rocks and snorkeled around those.

We did really enjoy it. You could snorkel at your leisure since you're there all day and aren't limited to the time on a boat excursion.

Archived