Dbletree Arctic to Pier 91

legalwife

Just spoke with someone who told me my options are a towncar for $25.00 to the Pier 91 or a taxi which is meter rate and will run close or more than towncar. No shuttle. I don't know why but I was thinking it would be around $10.00.

What would those of you who have stayed here or those of you who know about this place recommend? I really like the look of the hotel and want to stay here.

Thanks alot!

a cab will be less than $25 but more than $10. The hotels sometimes push a towncar as they normally get a commission from towncar guys. There are some shuttles that run about $7-9 pp but a cab should be about the same. That hotel is downtown but in the south part of downtown and pier 91 is north of downtown by a few miles.

My Dad stayed there prior to our cruise last Sept. and he loved the hotel. I went over to see the common areas including the ball room and it is really nice. It is an historic hotel so it has a lot of interested architecture and details. My Dad took a cab to the pier, no problems. Shuttles are per person so if you have at least 2 of you, a cab will usually be cheaper.

BTW, my Dad used the light rail from the airport to the hotel, there is a stop right across the street.

Jen in SoCal

Aha! I get it now. Thanks so much for the response. Taxi it is.

Archived