Disney before sailing from Tampa?

ritarussell

Oh, and if you are going to be at Disney in November, here are a couple of things that usually happen then that are great fun!

The Epcot Wine and Food show starts in October and usually goes through early November. Great food and wine from all around the world at small portions for a cheap price. You can eat little bites all around the world showcase!!

Mid-november through New year's eve is the Candlelight processional at Epcot. They have a full orchestra with castmember living tree and about 300 high school/college/church choirs from all over doing the Christmas Story. The narrator is a famous person (I've seen LaVar Burton, Phelicia Rashad, and others) and it is outstanding. It is first come-first served on the tickets unless you buy the package, which includes dinner at an Epcot restaurant and reserved seats. (price was great -- the last time I paid $45 dollars for a meal at Paris, which included appetizer, entree and dessert, tea/coffee.!)

They won't start taking reservations for the candlelight until August or September and they fill up fast, especially for the popular narrators. It is really, really good.

june

I stand corrected. Disney is in Lake Buena Vista v. Kissimmee. Both closer to Tampa than Orlando.

Sorry, I can drive from downtown Orlando to Disney property in less that 15 minutes on I-4, Tampa is at least an hour away. If it was indeed closer, they would have you fly into Tampa instead of Orlando.:)

Just thought I would suggest what we did last year for our first cruise ever....we booked a land/sea combination package through Carnival, and you would not believe how reasonable it was:) .

We flew into Orlando on Saturday and picked up our rental car right at the airport. We stayed at a Days Inn Sat. night. We drove to Port Canaveral on Sunday morning. (The cruise was from Sunday through Thursday, on the Fantasy). We parked the rental car in the Municipal lot (totally safe!) at Port Canaveral. Went on our cruise from Sunday through Thursday. Upon arrival back in Port on Thursday morning, got into our rental car and drove to Universal's onsite hotel, Royal Pacific (absolutely breathtaking hotel!). We stayed at Royal Pacific until Sunday when we flew back to NY. The cruise, rent a car for the week, and 3 nights at Royal Pacific cost us $900/pp (plus airfare)!! Cruise, car and hotel!! Booking one night at Royal Pacific on your own will run you anywhere from $274-350.00 PER night!! The deal was got was just incredible and the vacation was the vacation of a lifetime!!:p

When I questioned paying for a car rental just for it to sit there all week in the parking lot while we cruised, my Carnival cruise rep informed me that if I didn't want to take the rental car as part of the package it would only be $10 less /pp!!! Seeing as there were 4 of us travelling, the $40 was well spent to have the car from beginning to end. Carnival will take care of all the arrangements. When you get your cruise documents, there will be (in the book) a voucher for your car rental with confirmation # as well as your hotel booking!! They make it so easy and worthwhile. :D

We are doing it again this year, only with a 7 day cruise and only 2 days at Royal Pacific, with the rental car as well. A lot of people don't realize they do these pre and post-cruise packages! Best bang for your buck. I am sure you can book a land/sea package for Disney and sailing out of Tampa!! Just ask, you will save yourself a BUNDLE!!!!!

Hope this was helpful!! Enjoy your trip!!!:) :p

Just thought. I am sure you can book a land/sea package for Disney and sailing out of Tampa!! Just ask, you will save yourself a BUNDLE!!!!!

:) :p

Just make sure to price it out yourself too. In our case (1 week Carnival cruise, 1 week on-site Disney), it was a lot cheaper to do it on our own.

Archived