Belize: Wet 'n Wild tubing - heard of any problems???

mountainhouse

I had read that the boat is OFTEN late arriving so I was concerned about booking an independent exersion and opted for the ship sponsored trip. Very glad we did;) We left Galveston late, arrived late to anchor and sat in the theater for a long time waiting for customs clearance. When they finally cleared us we were 2 hours behind schedule-and ship tours had priority getting off. They sent us off in the tender, got us on 2 tour buses and we started on our way through the city only to have the tour guides phone ring, he was told to turn around and bring us back as we wouldn't have enough time for our tour! They fully refunded our $. As the short time in this port continues to be a problem, I would be concerned about doing any tour that is longer than a couple of hours that is not a boat sponsered trip. It gets dark there early and the passengers that were allowed on trips that included water all came back complaining about how cold they were (suits didn't dry in the high humidity and the tender ride is COLD)

Many have said it depends on whether Grand goes to Costa Maya or Belize for the 1st port. If going directly to Belize, have heard there are delays and excursions are cancelled. It is obviously a "push" to get from Galveston to Belize, however things go more smoothly when the 1st port is Costa Maya. Call Princess for verification of your particular sailing. Admittedly, we were close on time when we went with Wet and Wild, but made it with no problems. Have also heard that people were disappointed with Belize stop when Grand has cancelled majority of tours - there are people who love to shop and those of us who want to experience more exciting things.

you should definately do the Cave Tubing but book it through Princess if possible. We did it two years ago and it was awesome. Best shore excursion ever! I do remember though it was a bit of a long drive and hike to get to the caves. I would book through the ship to be safe.....don't want to get stuck there!

Archived