What kind of cabin do you prefer?

It depends on the length & price of the cruise. We live in So Cal. and cruise often. If we are taking a 3 or 4 dayer, we book inside or OV. Since our first balcony a couple years ago, we have had them on all our 7,8, & 9 day cruises. We love balconies...surises & sunsets at sea are fabulous. We have an aft wrap coming up in Feb. and have an extra large balcony for our wedding/honeymoon B2B cruise in Nov. i haven't been able to justify a suite. i have seen some, but prefer the configuration of the balcony...with the vanity area in the main part of the cabin rather than by the bathroom.

We do a porthole cabin every time. It's usually the same cost as an interior (although not the same category). We figure, why get an interior cabin when we can have two windows, though small, for the same price? If we want it to be dark we just close the cover over the windows. It's closer to the front of the ship, so you can hear the anchor lower at ports if it's a tender port, but it doesn't bother us. Never noticed more movement in the cabins either. They're also slightly bigger than the interior cabins.

most of my cruises are solo, so i prefer the inside for the cheaper cost of the cruise. i can turn on the tv too see what the weather is like outside, there are plenty of places too set on the ship too see outside and i love too take naps in the daytime in the totally dark cabin. insides are perfect for me.

We have done inside, ov, extended balcony, aft (loved it) and the last cruise a suite. We LOVED the suite with extra closet space, bigger bathroom, dressing area, larger sitting area and larger balcony. I don't know....we may be spoiled now with the suite, but can't decide until we do an aft wrap. Hopefully that's in the near future!

I am just wondering what kind of cabin you all prefer?

My fiance and I are kind of cheap when it comes to cruising. We always book interior. I always tell our PVP just to find me the cheapest cabin. I also like the idea of the sun not coming in..because if my body sees the sun it decides that it is time to get up..LOL.

The rest of my family prefers balconies.

So I was just wondering what everyone else prefers and why?

No reason for this thread..I guess more just for fun and curiosity.

Balcony cabin on the Lido Deck is what we book, except for ships that don't have cabins on the Lido Deck. (Carnival Spirit class and the RC ships we have sailed.)

We, especially DH, like to be on the deck with the pools and food. We use our balcony so much that we would never even consider anything else.

We used to get the balconies...then we booked a 4J ( obstructed picture window) love these and will book to get them or a port hole anytime now. We have not done an inside yet..but if the price was right and short cruise we would

First cruise was an interior cabin. Being the first cruise, we could have slept by the Pool and it would have been OK because we were so excited. The next cruise was a window cabin and it changed our minds for us. It is so nice to know if it is night or day. If it is sun shining or raining. Knowing if you are in port or out at sea. Watching the moon, stars, other ships and islands. And you also get that big space at the bottom of the window ledge. Then we went to a balcony cabin. Certainly more advantages because you can open the door and let air in. (We lost power on one cruise for an hour or so and then you really asppreciate it.) You can go out on the balcony and get and even better view of the surroundings.

So I guess the balcony is best but if you want to save some money, the window is probably a good choice. As far as deck levels, I really don't see that much of an advantage to be paying hundreds of dollars to be at the highest level. You can see farther but I don't find it to be that much of an advantage. They also say, you will feel more sway as you go up in deck levels.

We only book 9C's (aft-wraps) as we sail out of Galveston, would book an aft-suite in a heart-beat if available on our ship. Our cousins booked a OS on our first cruise, loved the cabin, but hated the wind constantly blowing across the balcony. We all spent the majority of the time out on our Aft balcony.

We love the huge balcony, and our own loungers anytime we like (no chair hogs :D). We can either sit out of the wind, or move to the side and have plenty of wind.

Sitting out on the balcony, having coffee in my robe in the morning and cocktails in the evening on our own little slice of heaven. Watching the wake and listening to the sounds of the water soothes my soul.

Watching the pier runner's is also a hoot, specifically in Cozumel :D.

We have always done a balcony and are trying a suite this year for kicks. Love having coffee in the am and a cocktail at night in "private". Our upcoming obstructed balcony is just $10 more than a ocean view and well worth it!

Deck one .. inside room....don't plan on ever spening a lot of time in my room , and love taking the stairs as a form of exercise....then I can have choclate melting cake every night for desert!!!!

Balconys for me, but if too pricey, I will go with an outside or a port hole. I just hate the inside. Too dark for me. I have had them in the past, but prefer natural light. I love the balcony though. I can sit on the balcony for hours just reading and enjoying the view.

We go either balcony (when getting 2 rooms for family of 5) or suite when in 1 room. I have decided I would do an ov family room if need be but DH requires a balcony. So October cruise will be suite for us.

Any one within our budget. OUr annual budget always depends on the other vacations we're taking throughout the year.

One year we did inside only. The next year we did an aft-view (after many ES upgrades). Then we went back to inside to grab another cruise 4 weeks later.

This year's cruise will be am extended balcony - not aft-view.

I am also looking at an inside for the transatlantic in late 2012 on the breeze.

I got the cruise shakes people , I need to be on Lido some kind of bad :D ! Reading here tells me a ton of folks are in dire shape for a cruise as well ;).

I can sleep anywhere on a ship and be comfortable. Five days inside or PT room any thing longer, balcony. Suites are nice just over priced .

Archived