Gothenburg - shuttle or public transport from Arendal Dock

Heppy

Hi

We will be docking at Arendal for Gothenburg in August, someone has indicated that the only option to get into the city centre is to use RCI shuttle bus. Can anyone confirm that public transport, taxis etc are also available, I understand it is a journey of approx 20 minutes from the dock to the city centre.

regards

Val

Hi

We will be docking at Arendal for Gothenburg in August, someone has indicated that the only option to get into the city centre is to use RCI shuttle bus. Can anyone confirm that public transport, taxis etc are also available, I understand it is a journey of approx 20 minutes from the dock to the city centre.

regards

Val

We will be there in the end of July and am interested in this also. I thought that it was walking distance into the city but obviously I am mistaken.

Have checked with tourist information and they confirm that public buses and taxis are available - I also asked if you can pay the driver and they confirmed that you can,

I suppose the good thing about the shuttle buses is that the return to ship journey is easier, despite the long queues by mid afternoon when everyone wants to get back to the ship.

This won't be of any use to you, as you are there in July, but I have found out that the Gothenburg Culture Festival is on whilst we are there (20th August) which should provide additional entertainment throughout the city.

Val

• 2 weeks later...

But I have asked the Tourist information online and they said bus tickets cannot be bought on the bus nor at Arendal port? Anyone can help in this matter? How about the option of using SMS? Is it okay if we use roaming and connect to the local mobile operator?

Sounds like the tourist information advisors are not sure about this?

I wondered if anyone knows what taxi fares are like in Gothenburg, it may be worth sharing a taxi into the city if available - have received my free map from the tourist info office and Arendal does seem to be way out of the city.

Val

• 2 years later...
Hi

regards

Val

Hi, my name is Hector and we will be on the same cruise. Please look at the following address. It gives you all the info you need to get to the city center in Gothenborg

http://www.goteborg.com/en/Travel/Cruise-quays/