Deck 5 on the dream

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the outside cabins on deck 5 were like. I've read mixed reviews and would like some reassurance as we go on 30th July. I'm getting a little apprehensive now as it is our first cruise.

We stayed in 5050 last summer on the Dream. It was a lovely cabin and seemed more spacious than those on the Spirit. It wasn't an outside plus but we did have a small bath with shower over. The bed was made up as a large double, but you could have it as two singles. We tried to book it again this year but as ours was a last minute booking, it was already taken. Had to go up to deck 6. We had lots of concerns before going last year but we really loved the ship and had a great time. Must have as we'll be aboard next Saturday.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rosie :)

Ours was a plus on Deck 5. Cabin size was ideal - like a small hotel room with lots of space and storage.

Bathroom was decent size, small bath with plenty room to have your shower in (rather than have an actual bath).

Our location was midship - great for lifts and stairwells. D5 was handy for embarking/disembarking as only 1 flight of stairs down to D4.

No noise whatsoever, not sure if this was because cabin was central but there was no engine noise etc - it was actually quite peaceful.

I was worried about obstructions from lifeboats that Thomson warn about, but they are much further up on the higher decks.

Hope this helps

BoB

Archived