NCL Butler Experi

mcnabb3801

Hi all !

We are booked on the Sun 10/15/11 in a suite and cant wait for the butler service ! It sounds heavenly.

I know his tip is extra and will prob do 10 per day, my question is do you tip at the end, 1/2 way through or daily ?

Thanks !

We sail 9 weeks from today woohoo !

Hi all !

We are booked on the Sun 10/15/11 in a suite and cant wait for the butler service ! It sounds heavenly.

I know his tip is extra and will prob do 10 per day, my question is do you tip at the end, 1/2 way through or daily ?

Thanks !

We sail 9 weeks from today woohoo !

It's up to you, but we usually just tip at the end. We bring some envelopes for tips for the cabin steward, Butler, and Concierge. You can also go down to the ship's desk and ask for some NCL envelopes there.

We will have our first suite on the pearl next year.

Quick question: i know you get priority embarkation on day 1, but can the concierge get you off quicker on port days or back on the ship quicker on port days? In Alaska last year, we had a 40 min wait to get back on the ship in skagway and wondering if the concierge could have helped us there had we been in a suite.

We will have our first suite on the pearl next year.

Quick question: i know you get priority embarkation on day 1, but can the concierge get you off quicker on port days or back on the ship quicker on port days? In Alaska last year, we had a 40 min wait to get back on the ship in skagway and wondering if the concierge could have helped us there had we been in a suite.

They can usually get you off the ship in ports quicker (sometimes as a group of suite pax that meets and is brought out at once, sometimes personally) but I have never had them get you back ONTO the ship quicker (avoiding lines for tenders, etc). NDon't think it can be done - we have waited in hour long lines even when in the GV.

Robin

We had Charlie on the Epic, with mixed results. I shall start with the good, on the Thursday i asked for 2 puddings from the Lounge to be left in our room for later. Came back and they were there as requested.

However the problem occured on the first day when i requested the menu's. He told me to look at tv, i replied i had and found it very annoying the delays in between pages and not being able to compare menu to menu. His responce was "we'll see,maybe tomorrow". Needless to say they never arrived and i was left with a dodgy impression of the 'service' i had paid a premium for.

Hence only one good thing to say as that was the only thing i dare ask for again after the first day snub.

On a side note Ruth the Concierge always seemed as if her life would be so much better without the inconevience of passengers. Hard to put, she was very good at her job but i always felt a bit awkward having to ask a question.

Now our room steward Ceclio was fantastic, and got the largest tip by far from us. Cannot fault his very hard work at all (put in a Style Card for him). Well done Ceclio.

EDIT: im reminded of another piece of 'good' service form Charlie, he offered to put my wifes birthday cake in the fridge for a few days till we were ready for it, and then on the day agreed did indeed return the cake and supply plates for the consumption.

It's up to you, but we usually just tip at the end. We bring some envelopes for tips for the cabin steward, Butler, and Concierge. You can also go down to the ship's desk and ask for some NCL envelopes there.

Thanks so much.

We are sailing 10/15/11 on the Sun and have an aft penthouse and then on the EPIC 2/4/12 and also some more after those. Cant wait to experience the services the butler offers !

erdoran: quick answer to your hijack

The DOS on the Epic has only the one king bed and I think a sofa sleeper. We never openned the sofa but I am pretty sure it is a sleeper.

My DH and I are very privacy-conscious 50+ ourselves. We never felt like we were on display at all. The bathroom is so far over the Bridge and the front of the ship that you couldn't see into it. The windows are also tinted. The floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom are tinted also and they have heavy privacy curtains. The livingroom opens onto the balcony and again has the privacy curtains. We were on Deck 17 Starboard side. Loved having the walls of windows and the balcony.

New to NCL ... Can you please tell me what DOS stands for?

Thank you!

We are sailing on the Gem in a short 13 days and have booked a Courtyard Villa...cabin 14508 to be exact. This will be our first cruise in a Villa.

I'm sure that the Butlers and Concierge change from time to time but does anyone who has been on the Gem recently know the names of the Butler and Concierge?

We are very easy going and do not expect a lot from our Butler...it will be nice to know that he/she is there in case we need anything.

We are sailing on the Gem in a short 13 days and have booked a Courtyard Villa...cabin 14508 to be exact. This will be our first cruise in a Villa.

I'm sure that the Butlers and Concierge change from time to time but does anyone who has been on the Gem recently know the names of the Butler and Concierge?

We are very easy going and do not expect a lot from our Butler...it will be nice to know that he/she is there in case we need anything.

I just got off the Gem today and Ana Maria was our concierge and Roy was out butler. We were in a SC (11018) but Roy also had several of the courtyard villas. I thought Roy was great and did his best to take excellent care of us. Ana Maria was also great too!

There is only one Concierge on the ship... we have always been lucky enough to sail with Adrian. There are 2 butlers for the courtyard rooms and I am not sure about the suites we have ony sailed Courtyard Villas. We really loved Erlindo he subbed for a few days on our first cruise for Jurhemer. There is also an assistant Butler in the Courtyard that serves from 6am-5pm...at least there was ont neh Jewel.

Thanks for the info Jim...not to hijack the thread...but how was Bermuda? Any recommendations?

We have never been and are looking forward to it in a short 12 days!

I just got off the Gem today and Ana Maria was our concierge and Roy was out butler. We were in a SC (11018) but Roy also had several of the courtyard villas. I thought Roy was great and did his best to take excellent care of us. Ana Maria was also great too!

Thanks for the info Jim...not to hijack the thread...but how was Bermuda? Any recommendations?

We have never been and are looking forward to it in a short 12 days!

Bermuda was excellent and we had great weather all week. It was our 6th time there with NCL. I am working on my review and will post some of it tonight.

Bermuda highlights:

We went to Horseshoe Bay

Took the Rising Son catamaran tour through NCL

and explored the Dockyard area and found treasures on a beach with sea glass!

....On a side note Ruth the Concierge always seemed as if her life would be so much better without the inconevience of passengers. Hard to put, she was very good at her job but i always felt a bit awkward having to ask a question.

Interesting that you mention that. On our Epic cruise, that's exactly how we felt both of concierges acted. We were quite put off with it at first, and didn't use the concierge service very much after that. Not at all what we'd come to expect from an NCL Concierge, or have experienced on any ship since then.

I put it partly down to cultural & language differences; the women were both from Eastern Europe, and even though they spoke English very well, their phrasing and style could seem rather abrupt and curt at times.

Not matter what the cause, I came away convinced that these were not good choices for the concierge position on the Epic, where you might expect the very best of NCL service.

Interesting that you mention that. On our Epic cruise, that's exactly how we felt both of concierges acted. We were quite put off with it at first, and didn't use the concierge service very much after that. Not at all what we'd come to expect from an NCL Concierge, or have experienced on any ship since then.

I put it partly down to cultural & language differences; the women were both from Eastern Europe, and even though they spoke English very well, their phrasing and style could seem rather abrupt and curt at times.

Not matter what the cause, I came away convinced that these were not good choices for the concierge position on the Epic, where you might expect the very best of NCL service.

I wonder if they are overwelmed? :confused: Ruth was fantastic in November/December on the Gem. We were very impressed by her.

What about the Aft. Penthouses? Do the Butlers give less service compared to the Courtyard Penthouses?

We were in an aft penthouse on the Dawn 7/15 to Bermuda. Flor was our butler --- she was wonderful. Always pleasant, asking what she could do for us and when she brought the late afternoon "snacks" would always add something sweet for DH after I had mentioned his sweet tooth. Couldn't ask for better service; felt totally spoiled.:)

We were in an aft penthouse on the Dawn 7/15 to Bermuda. Flor was our butler --- she was wonderful. Always pleasant, asking what she could do for us and when she brought the late afternoon "snacks" would always add something sweet for DH after I had mentioned his sweet tooth. Couldn't ask for better service; felt totally spoiled.:)

I agree - Flor was terrific and always quick to honor all our requests. I never felt like I was getting less service than the higher category suites. I was in an SF aft. I hope we have Flor next march, but I don't think her contract goes that far out.

Best Butler ever....John D'Sousa.....worst' date=' hands down, Erlindo. Have experienced both on different ships.

Best Concierge....Carlos......worst by far, Claudio, now gone from NCL.[/quote']

I agree the worst being Erlindo, had him on the Jewel in courtyard room.

Archived