QM2 check & taxi in new york.

Nottslass41

Hiya,

My other half has booked us to go on QM2 20th July, we have printed our e tickets says check in time 3.30pm, check in closes at 3.45pm, can we check in earlier or do we have to go when they say, we arrive by coach early in morning and dont really fancy having to wheel our cases about all day.

Also when we arrive in New York is there plenty of taxi's at port side to get us to our hotel as we staying for extra few days before we fly home.

many thanks

Ange

Hiya,

My other half has booked us to go on QM2 20th July, we have printed our e tickets says check in time 3.30pm, check in closes at 3.45pm, can we check in earlier or do we have to go when they say, we arrive by coach early in morning and dont really fancy having to wheel our cases about all day.

Also when we arrive in New York is there plenty of taxi's at port side to get us to our hotel as we staying for extra few days before we fly home.

many thanks

Ange

You can check in from about noon - I presume that this is Southampton?

I have never had a problem getting a cab at the pier in NYC. You should be fine.

WD

yes sorry first time from southampton.

noon thats great :D

many thanks

Noon allows you to enjoy most of the afternoon on the ship - which is great. And it is always good to see it relatively empty when trying to learn where things are!

WD

Taxis are often in short supply at Brooklyn so patience is necessary. There is a car service that I have used a few times who are local. They are called Arecibo Cars and you will get a more comfortable and cleaner ride to Manhattan for the same price. ($30 to $40)

Many thanks again for replies, i feel better knowing we wont have to hang around, will have a search for arecibo cars see if we can book one.

thanks again

Ange

I would suggest that you don't book a car but call them when you get through Immigration at Red Hook, they are quite reliable but tend to forget you if you book too far in advance.:)

Archived