Just back from the Jewel of the Seas

Yes you are correct paulxyz. I could not see anywhere on the RCL website to print our baggage tags and after checking with RCL in Australia they informed me that I had to wait until reaching the port where baggage tags were available from porters.

Thanks to all for your input.

Hi misscolina, I don't remember which boat tour it was but they sell tickets at the square that the shuttle lets you off. There is a little tour train table and that is where you can buy the canal tour tickets. Have a great cruise.

It is going to be difficult to find room in the luggage for a tuxedo and all that goes with it. Is a sport coat and tie going to be too informal for formal night?

Here's how I plan to handle it: dark suit and tie for formal night, sports or suit jacket and slacks for semi formal and chinos and collared shirt(no jacket) for informal nights. I don't bring or rent a tux.

You see all kinds of attire on formal nights. I don't think you will feel out of place with a sports coat and tie. We did notice and feel on this cruise that people did dress more formal than on most cruises we have been on. There are some men that formal and semi formal didn't mean anything to them and they wore sport shirts every night. We like to dress on fromal nights but I think you will be fine with your attire.

Thanks Wardbigpapa we are so looking forward to this cruise. We have done 30 cruises before but never been to the Baltic as we are from the UK and usually seek cruises to the sun!!! Did you go to the ballet?, only we have booked the RCI trip to the ballet and as we have never been before but we are looking forward to the experience, especially the champagne at the interval if this is not our liking. i think the performance is Swan Lake.

Thanks Wardbigpapa we are so looking forward to this cruise. We have done 30 cruises before but never been to the Baltic as we are from the UK and usually seek cruises to the sun!!! Did you go to the ballet?, only we have booked the RCI trip to the ballet and as we have never been before but we are looking forward to the experience, especially the champagne at the interval if this is not our liking. i think the performance is Swan Lake.

I think you will love it! Great choice for non enthusiasts of ballet. Who knows you might return home simply loving ballet!:p

We were also on this cruise and did attend the ballet (booked through RCI). It was Swan Lake. I have never been to the ballet before and I enjoyed the experience. I wouldn't go again though. If you love the ballet you may find it a bit amateur. RCI organised a question and answer session after the performance with the lead performers.

Archived