QM2 TA June 10-17 Review from a First-Timer

camelotcats

CC,

I am sorry if you already addressed this and I missed it...........

Were there tuxs at dinner? My hubby bought one since we'd be on for a few weeks. I've read different things so now I am wondering if my husband will be "out of Place" .

Also, do people participate in the various balls?

How was the A/C on the ship? I will be on the ship often since I am on the transaltantics(sorry for my spelling) and some ships are so cold I have to dress with much warmer clothes. I am trying to not pack as much.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

RL

Sorry I missed this before.

There WERE tuxes at dinner (dh wore one), however, I saw many men also wearing dark suits with long ties. I would say at the first seating (which we were at), the spread was about 60-40 with 40% of the men wearing tuxes or full military dress uniforms (which I equate with tuxes). Your husband, I am sure, will look awesome in his tux.

I could not answer you about the balls. We didn't go because I am recovering from serious wrist injury and a lot of ballroom dancing hurts.

I found the A/C to be pretty comfortable, though it was warmer inside than it was outside on our TA. I had one jacket which I tossed on when I went outside, buit otherwise, I was in pretty lightweight clothes and felt fine.

I hope this helps!

-CC

CC,

I am sorry if you already addressed this and I missed it...........

Were there tuxs at dinner? My hubby bought one since we'd be on for a few weeks. I've read different things so now I am wondering if my husband will be "out of Place" .

Definitely have him wear the tux! I hadn't worn one since my wedding but loved wearing one for dinner on QM2. Awesome!

Archived