What the heck? Note: Electronic cigarettes are only allowed in smoking areas????

popsec

Maybe some of us need to do a little simple research on this subject. There is no current data to prove that e-cigs are safe to the user or those around them. But there is plenty of information provided by the FDA that indicates that there are many harmful ingredients in e-cigs.

The following links are to the U.S. Food and Drug Administartion (FDA) website describing some of their findings. Please read before you assume that your habit is safe for yourself or others.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm173146.htm

http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm172906.htm

The FDA has attempted to regulate e-cigs, but in case of Sottera, Inc. v. Food & Drug Administration, since e-cigarettes are not considered drugs because they are not marketed for therapeutic purposes. The FDA intends to develop regulations for electronic cigarettes.

Again, please do your research before you assume that the non-smokers want to take the same risks as you do. I do not want my children to assume that smoking anything is a good choice.

I am not smoking! I don't even hold it like a cigerette. I cup it with my whole hand and use it like inhaylor. Warm mist Vapor in...Warm mist Vapor out. All of my flavors are 0mg of nicotine.

I am not smoking! I don't even hold it like a cigerette. I cup it with my whole hand and use it like inhaylor. Warm mist Vapor in...Warm mist Vapor out. All of my flavors are 0mg of nicotine.

Maybe you should get a note from your Dr.. and make sure to let Carnival know that you will using it... again.. there are no harmful vapours from and E Cig either... so it is a catch 22... but since you use yours for medical reasons you maybe allowed;)

Maybe you should get a note from your Dr.. and make sure to let Carnival know that you will using it... again.. there are no harmful vapours from and E Cig either... so it is a catch 22... but since you use yours for medical reasons you maybe allowed;)

Thank you! that is a great idea! I am calling the doctor right away! :p

I used an ecig on the Miracle for the complete 8 days. Only one worker said something to me because he thought it was a real cig. When he saw that it was an ecig, he apologized and said good luck. I was at a video poker machine and all were non-smoking.

I also had no problems using mine on the Miracle or Legend in Aug & Sept (it seems the crew didn't know about the new regulations). I used my e-cig on the Liberty but was a little more discreet about it since some of the crew seemed to know about the new regulations.

I am not a smoker and I think they should allow E-Cigs everywhere (except maybe the main theater because the lights blinking may be a distraction to the dancers or folks watching the show in the dark.)

My wife just started using one about three weeks ago and loves it. She got hers at vapehut dot com. it is locally here, so she just went straight there but they have tons of flavors and she is using the mega tip and says she can get a good hit off of it. Also went with the bigger battery, last her all day. Kit comes with two batteries, so one is charging while she uses the other. Also she has found to like the cinnamon flavor the best so far.

Maybe some of us need to do a little simple research on this subject. There is no current data to prove that e-cigs are safe to the user or those around them. But there is plenty of information provided by the FDA that indicates that there are many harmful ingredients in e-cigs.

The following links are to the U.S. Food and Drug Administartion (FDA) website describing some of their findings. Please read before you assume that your habit is safe for yourself or others.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm173146.htm

http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm172906.htm

The FDA has attempted to regulate e-cigs, but in case of Sottera, Inc. v. Food & Drug Administration, since e-cigarettes are not considered drugs because they are not marketed for therapeutic purposes. The FDA intends to develop regulations for electronic cigarettes.

Again, please do your research before you assume that the non-smokers want to take the same risks as you do. I do not want my children to assume that smoking anything is a good choice.

The question isn't whether e-cigs are safe, but whether they are less harmful than smoking an "analog" cigarette. I quit smoking after 20 years by using an e-cig for 1 month.... I say vape away, as long as it is keeping you from smoking the real thing!!

As far as your children go, it is up to you to teach them the dangers of smoking... I don't want my kids to think alcohol is a good choice either, but I won't try to make decisions for another adult by trying to ban it.

Archived