free tour of ship

Yep , offered free to platinum , Your in and out within fifteen minutes flat !!:rolleyes:

My tour last week on the Freedom was only ten minutes long. We have done the tour twice and it was much longer. I think on the Spirit a year and half ago, it was 45 minutes. Maybe they are shortening it because there are too many people going (about 45 last week).

On the 45 minute tour, we saw everything, saw how they make deserts, soups, etc. I was five away from a giant cauldren that had broth, vegetables, slabs of steak and bones in it. I asked what kind of soup it was and was told "No soup- au jus- tonight we serve prime rib!".

They are also had some strange looking creature made out of a cooked chicken that we posed next to for pictures. It was pretty informative, pretty interesting. What we got last week (and others are getting) sounds like a small scale version of what they used to do - march a few hundred people through.

FWIW, (not to change the topic) but on a cruise on the Glory (12/05?) they offered a free tour of the show room back stage area.

The past couple of times that I took the Platinum galley tour, the Asst. Maitre d' did have a list of people taking the tour and asked kind of took roll of who was there and who wasn't.

The only reason they would have a list would be if people RSVP'd. Most people don't. If enough were missing, they might delay the tour for a few minutes to see if they showed up. If the tour is of any size and you look around at those wearing their S&S cards around their neck, you will see Gold and perhaps even rookies. I'm not sure how many Platinum or Milestone cruisers wear their S&S cards?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived