Alaskan cruise with 11 and 8 year old

dsck4

We are looking into taking an Alaska cruise in July 2012. My kids will be 11 and 8. We are thinking about going on a Royal Caribbean ship. Would there be enough to keep them entertained on the ship? What are some good excursions for children?

Thanks!!!

Royal has very good, very extensive programs for children, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

There a lots of great excursions in Alaska that would appeal to children. One that immediately comes to mind is the train trip in Skagway, assuming that would be one of your ports of call.

I was just going to suggest the Whitepass Rail in Skagway. The kids would love it.

If you stop in Stika make sure you visit the Raptor Center. The kids will really enjoy that (and you will too!).

There are a lot of activities in Alaska that are great for kids. So much to do outdoors. If you're in Haines take the rafting trip. It's not whitewater and it's really mild. You'll see eagles above and enjoy the scenery along the trip.

Have fun in my home state. I love the "Big AK!"

Archived